Carriers Tap Into Electronic Billing's Potential
- COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF MOBILE PAYMENTS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION. Petrauskas, Rimantas; Zumaras, Laurynas // Intellectual Economics;Oct2008, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p59
Recently, due to the strong penetration of the information technologies into the society, the number of small payments in the electronic environment has increased. The mobile phone is an integral part of many people's everyday life, and as a consequence, payments via the mobile phone become more...
- Paper draggin'. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;07/12/99, Vol. 237 Issue 2, p42
Offers a look at the factors that keep people from using the electronic bill presentment and payment (EBPP). Issues faced by telecommunication billing departments; Purpose of some companies for not implementing EBPP; Methods used by telecommunication companies engaged in EBPP; Features of the...
- Bolero. Queree, Anne // Global Finance;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p77
Focuses on bolero.net that trading partners and intermediaries can use to exchange electronically the documentation required to ensure that payment for goods is released. Benefits of using Bolero; Key requirements for the creation of a viable electronic trading community; Potential but late...
- Cash Is Just So 1987. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Southeast Edition;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p35
Deals with a poll done by the magazine `Money' regarding the technological advances in payment systems as of the year 2000. Percentage of consumers who carry less cash five years ago; Percentage of respondents who claim that such advances make it easier for them to manage their money; Percentage...
- Taking charge of e-billing. Holloway, Simon // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep2000, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p125
Discusses competition between banks and telecommunication providers to dominate the electronic billing sector. How Internet billing allows for quicker and more accurately targeted marketing programs; Customer's one-on-one relationship with the biller; Financial institutions' ability to offer to...
- Check still in the mail for electronic billing. Sanborn, Stephanie // InfoWorld;09/25/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p39
Focuses on the challenges being faced by electronic billing systems due to reluctance of Internet users to use it. Categories of electronic billing; Benefits of electronic billing; Applications of the system.
- Queuing Up to Get Your Payments. Queree, Anne // Global Finance;Jun2000, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the three categories of Internet payment solutions. Wallets, where details of personal payment instruments are stored; Stored value or Internet currencies; Bill presentation.
- The Paper Trail. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jul2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the emergence of business-to-business (B2B) electronic bill presentment and payment services (EBPP). Benefits of B2B EBPP to trading partners; Importance of online payments to businesses; Examples of companies that have adopted the EBPP system.
- Federal payments go electronic. // Soldiers;Aug98, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the rule making all federal payments be made by electronic funds transfer. Effectivity of the rule; Reason for the payment change; Comments from CSM Hans Kennedy, command sergeant major for the United States Army Finance Command in Arlington, Virginia.