XIAM Looks To Roll In The Green
- Unlocking the Network's Potential. Ross, Jeffrey; Chow, Lee // America's Network;12/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 18, pS-28
Focuses on the Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) network management layer to element management layer (NML-EML) interface solution that could help telecommunication service providers achieve end-to-end network management. Network management challenges; What the NML-EML interface...
- Switched networks extend life of today's internetworks. Ford, Julie // Health Management Technology;Sep1996, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p45
Part I. Focuses on switch-based computer networks that improve the performance of internetworks. High-speed local area networks; Frame switching; Cell switching; Frame-to-cell switching; Asynchronous transfer mode virtual networking; Networking with asynchronous transfer modes; Local area...
- More Jetsons Than Nelsons. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;06/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p42
Predicts the revenue from home networking market worldwide by 2005. Number of United States households who owned multiple computers in 1999; Companies that are taking advantage of home networking solutions; What is expected to drive development of next-generation, home networking technology.
- Industry leaders draft Web services standards. // Computer Bulletin;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p14
Reports that Web Services Interoperability Organization, a coalition of computer makers, has published draft standards for Web services.
- Peer-to-peer networking is poised to revolutionize the Internet once again. Dugan, Sean M. // InfoWorld;07/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p102
Reports on the frenzy over peer-to-peer networking. Technology called Infrasearch from Gonesilent; Possibility from digital exchanges; Problems with peer-to-peer networking.
- Startups capture new VPN turf. Shafer, Scott Tyler // InfoWorld;3/11/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on appliances that offer application-specific access to the corporate network via the Internet.
- Gigabit Ethernet interoperability put to the test. Hohman, Robin Schreier // Network World;12/22/97, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p13
Reports on the testing of interoperability among Gigabit Ethernet products. Findings of the test; Significance of the test; Products tested; Details on the companies involved in the testing.
- Connect with Fleck. Fleck, Ken // Electronic News;10/09/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 41, p70
Predicts the push in home networks in the United States by 2003. Five major proponents of home networking standards; Technologies that are expected to be used in homes in the future; Why wireless technology will be the leading networking approach by 2003.
- Forty Gig--We Need It Now. Zoccolillo, Rich // Inter@ctive Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p124
Focuses on the 40 gigabits per second (Gbps) needed in telecommunication networks. 40-Gbps products that will soon be available; Two primary applications for 40-Gbps transmission; Projected market for 40-Gbps nodes by 2005.