WECA Ushers In Eight New Members
- WLAN Plan Working. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p32
Deals with the features and problems with the specification approved for deployments of interoperable wireless local area network (WLAN) technologies. Solution developed by the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WECA) members regarding specification problems; Message of the...
- Wi-Fi and beyond. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;Aug2002, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p14
Points out that the wireless local area network (WLAN) has quickly evolved from a home or office network access product to a service it is getting popular in Asia. Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance certification of Wi-fi product interoperbility; Hot spot deployments of WLAN in Asia;...
- WECA Marks Growth, Challenges. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;02/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the increase in the membership of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WECA) as well as the challenges the group faces as it marks it second anniversary in 2001. Goals of the group for its Wi-Fi brand name; Concern on its IEEE 802.11b standard; Efforts of the group in product...
- Wire less. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p70
Talks about the history of two different techniques for sending data wirelessly and the investments that companies have made on each side. Information on the Home Radio Frequency (HomeRF) Working Group and the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WECA); Ruling from the Federal...
- Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance. // Network Dictionary;2007, p530
A reference entry for "Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance" (WECA) is presented. It is the former name of the Wi-Fi Alliance of vendors promoting 802.11 wireless networking standards and compatibility.
- Site Of The Week. // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p22
Offers a look at the Web site of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance. Details on the site; Usefulness of the site; How site elements are arranged.
- Site of the Week. // Wireless Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p22
Features the Web site of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WECA). Main job of WECA; Usefulness of the Web site; Arrangement of the site elements.
- WECA launches tests for 802.11a status. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;7/15/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p21
Focuses on the certification testing of the 802.11a wireless local area network (WLAN) by the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance in San Jose, California. Examination of the 802.11 product standards for certification; Evaluation of dual-band products; Analysis of network systems.
- WiFi Network Security Gains Notice, Upgrades. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p137
Focuses on the security measures against computer hackers to 802.11b wireless home-networking protocol. Solution of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance 802.11b products on the problem; Provision of security by the Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) protocol; Limitation on the capability of...