AT&T Wireless Affiliates Merge
- TeleCorp, Tritel To Merge Properties In $5.3 Billion Deal. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the merger of TeleCorp PCS Inc. and Tritel Inc. Terms of the merger agreement; Viability of the deal according to company executives; Compatibility of the merger on the companies' service areas.
- TeleCorp, Tritel shareholders OK merger. // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p14
Reports that shareholders of TeleCorp PCS Inc. and Tritel Inc. approved the merger of the two companies.
- TeleCorp, Tritel To Meld. // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p5
Provides information on the consolidation of TeleCorp PCS Inc. and Tritel Incorporated. Information on the wireless service offered by the two companies; Plans of Telecorp to trade several wireless markets; Increase in TeleCorp's service area.
- Seeking scale. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;03/06/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the acquisition of Tritel by TeleCorp PCS. Reasons behind the merger of the two affiliate companies of AT&T Wireless; Cost of the acquisition; Terms of the acquisition. INSET: Briefly.
- Telecorp PCS to introduce Two-Way Short Messaging Service. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p23
Reports that TeleCorp PCS Inc. launched its two-way Sunburst short messaging service in Puerto Rico. Key features of the company's short messaging service; Pros and cons of the service for consumers; Other target markets for the service.
- TeleCorp PCS Pre-Announces Net Additions. // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p14
Reports on the subscriber growth of telecommunication company TeleCorp PCS for the second quarter of 2001. Percentage increase from the first quarter; Effort of the company to focus on increasing its postpaid subscribers.
- TeleCorp reports 145,000 subs in 4Q. // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
Cites the number of customers added by wireless telecommunication firm TeleCorp PCS Inc. to its subscriber base during the fourth quarter of 2000.
- TeleCorp PCS Acquires Puerto Rico PCS License From AT & T. // Worldwide Telecom;Jul99, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p8
Reports on TeleCorp PCS Incorporated's acquisition of Puerto Rico PCS license from AT&T. Background on TeleCorp.
- FROM AFFILIATION TO ASSIMILATION. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/19/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 21, p50
Reports on the acquisition of corporate affiliate TeleCorp PCS by AT&T Wireless. Impact of the decision on spectrum cap issued by the United States Federal Communications Commission; Comparison between the restructuring programs of AT&T and Sprint PCS.