Plans For Iridium Back In Orbit
- Responding To The Critics. // Wireless Week;03/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p70
Interviews Dan Colussy, chairman and interim chief executive officer of Iridium. How he went from the airline industry to the satellite and mobile phone industry; His plans in the telecommunication arena; Status of Iridium gateways.
- Iridium resurrection in the works. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p30
Reports on veteran airline executive Dan Colussy to buy the assets of Iridium LLC amid speculation that the company will relaunch low-earth-orbit satellites and serve companies most in need of satellite communications.
- Handheld Comeback. Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/6/2004, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p58
With adjustments to its original concept and an assist by events, Iridium LLC has rebounded from bankruptcy and is now experiencing double digit growth. Launched in November 1998 as the industry's first global satellite system for mobile phones, the original Iridium LLC business plan envisioned...
- Iridium Satellite Communications Are the Wave of the Future. Wisely, Hugh D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2004, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p76
Not long ago, before Enron's fall from grace, a satellite communications venture called Iridium LLC was one of the most highly publicized bankruptcies in the United States. A group of private investors led by Dan Colussy, the former head of Pan American Airlines, saw the opportunity and bought...
- Bids in for DVI servicing rights. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the bidding for the take over of the servicing platform of bankrupt equipment leasing firm, DVI Inc. Review of bids by Goldman Sachs; Efforts of DVI to retain the servicing rights for its portfolio; Deterioration of DVI's collateral performance.
- ISE Says Shareholders Unlikely to Get a Return. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;3/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p23
The article reports on the move of ISE Corp., maker of hybrid electric drive systems for trucks and buses to sell the firm's assets in a bankruptcy court approved auction for 3.72 million dollars.
- State Takeover of Atlantic City Proposed in N.J. Senate. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;1/12/2016, p1
Three New Jersey Senators announced plans Tuesday to introduce legislation that would have the state assume management of Atlantic City's troubled finances.
- Closing a big loophole. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;4/11/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p17
Reports on the move of the Clark County Commission in Clark County, Nevada to clean up the business of selling airport-controlled land by private tender, in April 2005. Exploitation of the Department of Aviation's ineptitude in selling land it controlled, by a network of investors, brokers and...
- Cash buyers take lead in M&A deals around the state. DAKS, MARTIN C. // njbiz;10/12/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p21
The article focuses on major buyers in New Jersey that use cash in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) deals. Rick Chance, managing director and special situations advisory group head at KPMG Corporate Finance LLC, announces that many M&A deals his company is handling involve cash buyers. Michael...