CTIA: Keep Industry Terms In CALEA
- CTIA seeks to light fuse under FBI. // Wireless Review;03/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p8
Reports that CTIA has asked the US Federal Communications Commission to help in implementing the Federal Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act. Expanded authority and capability concerns in the telecommunications industry; Possible delay of the compliance date.
- The Many Variants Of "Back" Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p4
Comments on several news and events in the U.S. wireless communication industry as of February 1, 2005. Retirement of Michael Powell from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission; Proof-of-concept test conducted by Qualcomm with American Airlines to identify the effect that cellular phones...
- Canada Raises Spectrum Cap; CTIA Seeks Same. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p29
Focuses on the petition filed by CTIA requesting the United States (US) Federal Communications Commission to forbear from enforcing 45 megahertz limit. Reference to Industry Canada's decision to increase the cap to 55 megahertz and to auction spectrum; Impact of the Canadian decision to the...
- FCC Spectrum Decision Could Benefit Carriers. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the benefits of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) frequency spectrum decision. Details on the spectrum-sharing arrangement set-up by FCC; Remarks from CTIA president and chief executive officer Tom Wheeler; Effect of the FCC ruling on wireless carriers.
- FCC Tightening Regulation Of Cellular-Signal Boosters. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/18/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p24
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to impose regulations on fixed and mobile cellular-signal boosters. The FCC proposed new technical standards for mobile (in-vehicle) and fixed (in-home and in-building) signal boosters and plans to impose a...
- Proposed Rules: FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/31/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 147, p46310
The article presents a notice of petition for reconsideration issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It states that the petition has been filed by The Wireless Association (CTIA) in the Rulemaking proceeding of the FCC. It announces that oppositions to the petitions must be...
- Spectrum Need Fuels Tension Between Wireless Industry, FCC. Burt, Jeffrey // eWeek;5/ 8/2012, p11
Information about the 2012 CTIA Wireless show held in New Orleans, Louisiana on May 8, 2012 is presented. Topics presented at the congress include the $25 billion that the wireless carriers spent in 2011 for the improvement of their networks and the 12 percent increase in the number of carrier...
- Bitter Harvest. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;9/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p5
Comments on the wireless emergency services proposed by the organization CTIA and some public safety representatives in the United States in 2001. Phases of the services; Disadvantages of wireless emergency services; Changes in emergency networks; Information on the Notice of Proposed...
- Tech Day Turns Into V-Day After 700 MHz Delay. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p6
Presents information on the annual technology day held by CTIA in Washington, D.C. on June 19, 2002. Members of the U.S. Congressional Wireless Caucus; Legislation signed by President George W. Bush regarding a Federal Communications Commission auction; Theme of the technology day.