Verizon Sings Song Of The South
- Bell Atlantic changes its name again. Philippidis, Alex // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/10/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p2
Reports that Bell Atlantic Corp. will morph into an entity called Verizon upon the completion of a $53-billion merger with GTE Corp.
- MCN'S MOST READ. // Multichannel News;4/20/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p30
The article lists the top articles featured on the website of the journal from April 10-17, 2015 including the acquisition of Active Video by Arris-Charter, the custom TV of Verizon Communications Inc., and the deals undertaken by Verizon Sports.
- Paying For The Price. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p1
Reports the acquisition of Price Wireless by Verizon Wireless. Inclusions of the deal; Value of shares; Implications of the acquisition for the company.
- Delivering Innovation. Seidenberg, Ivan // Executive Excellence;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p10
Discusses the strategy of Verizon Corp. in competing to the converging marketplace. Changes in business models; Participation in corporate consolidation; Investments for wireless, fiber-optics and broadband technologies.
- Planting the pleasant surprise. Wilson, Carol // America's Network;7/15/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p34
Presents an author's opinion on the plan of Supercomm Inc. and Verizon Communication Inc. to work together to pursue fiber-to-the-premises technology in the U.S. Purpose of the arrangement; Realistic expectation about the prospects of fiber; Process of making aerial and buried connections as...
- MCI opts for Verizon, shuns Qwest. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Apr2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the decision of long-distance telephone company MCI Communications Corp. to accept a lower bid of takeover from Verizon Communications Inc. instead of accepting the offer from Qwest in the U.S. The decision of MCI to opt for lower bid is due to the speculation that Qwest...
- The Louisiana purchase. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p32
Looks at CenturyTel's acquisition of former GTE-owned telecommunication access lines and infrastructure in Missouri and Arkansas from Verizon. Spending for the acquisition; Number of access lines acquired by CenturyTel in the United States; Reasons behind the decision of the company to divest...
- CENTURYTEL SHUTS DOOR ON ALLTEL ACQUISITION. Parthenios, Amalia D. // Telephony;10/29/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the intention of CenturyTel to acquire local access lines in Alabama and Missouri from Verizon Communication. Impact of the access line acquisition on Alltel's bid for CenturyTel; Issues that might block CenturyTel's deal with Verizon; Strategies to solve Centurytel's problem on...
- After merger, Verizon a rising star among Bells. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p19
Reports the impact of the merger between Verizon Communication Corp. and GTE Communication Corp. on the financial performance of Verizon in the United States. Rank of Verizon in the Fortune 500 list; Comparison between the performance of Verizon and other companies; Effects of the World Trade...