After arbitration jolt, Andersen regroups
- Firms picking up the pieces. // Accountancy;Apr91, Vol. 107 Issue 1172, p12
This article reports that several accounting firms and accountants are reopening and establishing their offices in Kuwait after the Gulf War. A spokesperson of Arthur Andersen LLP said that their office never officially closed; there were local Kuwaitis around the office throughout the...
- Let the bad times roll. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;7/28/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p11
As Chicago, Illinois-based accounting company Andersen LLP took heat for its botched audit of Houston, Texas-based Enron Corp. in December 2001, Thomas Hill, an executive working with the accounting firm wanted to call in crisis experts, but his idea was rebuffed by the company's senior...
- Break-up talk is heating up at Andersen. Oloroso, Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;06/30/97, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p1
Presents information on a governance crisis at the accounting and consulting firm Andersen Worldwide, which has pitted the company's accounting and consulting divisions against one another. Details of crisis; Possible breakup of company as a result of crisis; Comments from a spokesman for the...
- Andersen reputation on the line. Merrion, Paul; Klein, Sarah A. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/14/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
Reports the bankruptcy of Andersen Corp. in Chicago, Illinois. Review of the record-keeping policies; Recommendation of some disciplinary action; Implication on the destruction of the documents.
- In Brief. // Accountancy;Aug2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1308, p10
The article presents information on news related to auditing. Auditing Practices Board held its mid-May, 2002 meeting in Andersen Inc.'s offices on the Strand, Texas. All around writs and allegations were flying through the air. Lawyers in the U.S. cited Andersen in London, England as one of the...
- Demise of Andersen firm will have global effects. Flanigan, James // Journal of Business (10756124);4/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, pA4
Focuses on the closure of accounting firm Arthur Andersen LLP and its effect globally. Number of employees employed at Andersen; Amount paid by Andersen to settle lawsuits from shareholders; Effect on the accounting cost in U.S.
- Letters to the editor. Eshenour Buchanan, Gretchen // Baylor Business Review;Fall2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p50
Presents a letter to the editor about the collapse of the consulting firm Andersen.
- More Life After Andersen. Hibbs, Jason // Baylor Business Review;Spring2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p60
Presents a letter to the editor about the company Arthur Anderson.
- Bracing for loss of Andersen jobs. Klein, Sarah A. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p1
Reports the impact of the layoff of Andersen employees on the local economy in Chicago, Illinois. Amount of loss in economic activity; Loss of income for employees; Effect on the community level.