Colorado, Reevaluating, Expects Smaller Tran Issuance Next Year
- Oregon Treasurer Calls for State Bonds to Help Schools. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;03/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31102, p3
Reports on the attempt of the Oregon treasurer to amend the constitution to allow state-issued general obligation-general purpose bonds in the United States. Probability of financial aid for school facilities; Effectiveness of a state-school partnership; Aims of the House Bill 3370.
- Some Local Mirrors of What Matters. // Time;11/20/1972, Vol. 100 Issue 21, p22
The article focuses on the issues concerning constitutional amendments and referendums that should be handled by the voters in the U.S. It mentions that the voters are faced with different local issues, in which their sentiments serve as a mirror on what really matters for the Americans. It...
- Second reading. Polsby, Daniel D. // Reason;Mar96, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on treating the Second Amendment of the United States as normal constitutional law. Materials pertaining to the Equal Protection Clause; Issue on the states' power to regulate firearms; Debates about gun control; Era of marginality.
- Rule 23 amendments dwindle down to a precious two. // Defense Counsel Journal;Oct97, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p498
Reports on the approved and rejected articles of Rule 23 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure for amendment. Authority of courts of appeal in granting interlocutory appeals; Rejection of changes in Rule 23(b)(3)(A) and Rule 23 (b)(3)(B); Alternatives to cost-benefit analysis of individual...
- Constitutional Amendment Process. // Congressional Digest;Jan1995, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the process for ratification of amendments to the Constitution of the United States. Processes; Required votes; Ratification period.
- Patient `rights' proposed. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;10/27/97, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p2
Reports that in Washington State a presidential panel preparing a `bill of rights' for health care consumers approved a draft proposal. Recommendations of the draft proposal; Comments from the President's Advisory Commission on Consumer Protection and quality in the Health Care Industry;...
- Balanced-budget amendment teeters on the brink of oblivion--... Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;2/28/97, Vol. 89 Issue 65, p3
Reports that United States Senator Robert Torricelli, announced that he will vote against the Grand Old Party's (GOP) balanced-budget amendment to the Constitution. Who is opposing the measure; Reactions to Torricelli's decision; Comments from Orrin Hatch, chief sponsor of the measure and...
- Pleading the 10th. Moore, W. John // National Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p1940
Focuses on the 10th Amendment of the US constitution. Resolutions passed affirming the validity of the 10th amendment; Bob Dole's support for the upholding of the amendment; Flourishing of federalism in the United States; Implications of the imposition of the amendment; Developments in the...
- Do we have a good reason to tamper with the Constitution? Foster, Ezola // National Minority Politics;Apr95, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p16
Comments on amendments to the United States Constitution. Ratification of constitutional amendments by state legislatures; Supreme Court decisions that resulted in constitutional amendments; Confusion between entitlement rights and constitutional rights; Question on the rationale behind...