THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Tax-Credit Debt Fades To BABs? Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p1
The article reports on the legislation being introduced in the U.S. Congress which suggests that the traditional tax-credit bonds may be substituted by bonds that offer Build America Bond (BABs)-style direct subsidies to issuers. James Polfer, chief of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)...
- House May Vote on One-Year Extenders Bill This Week. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;12/3/2014, Issue 34220, p1
The House may vote on a bill this week that would extend through the end of the year a number of expired tax provisions, including several relating to bonds, state and local finance, and Puerto Rico.
- Congress Passes Extenders Bill; Obama Signs Omnibus. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;12/17/2014, p16
The article reports on the passage of a bill called extenders, that extends expired bond-related and other tax provisions retroactively through 2014 and an omnibus spending bill that funds most government agencies through the end of fiscal 2015 and cuts some grant programs, by the U.S. Senate....
- Legislative Background. // Congressional Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p113
Presents the details on the legislation for tax reduction by the U.S. Congress. Similarity of the plan to the proposal of George Bush during the presidential campaign; Consideration of the specific tax reduction legislation through stand-alone bills; Debate over the implementation of the tax...
- Deal for Tax Bill Settled Issues for Wealthy, Till '12. Garmhausen, Steve // American Banker;12/29/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 200, p8
The article gives information about a U.S. legislative bill concerning income tax cuts and tax rates for capital gains and dividends that extends the 35 percent individual tax bracket until 2013.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p35
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of July 2002. Estimation of the certificates sold by the Sacramento City Unified School District; Proposal of tax increase; Approval of the general obligation bond measure.
- Lawmaker's Bill Would Ease Advance-Refunding Limits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p4
Reports on a possible legislation on a Senate bill in the U.S. Senate as of February 2003, that could ease advance-refunding restrictions related to bonds, allowing states and local governments to take advantage of low interest rates. Details of the bill; Person who introduced the legislation...
- Bill Would Expand IDB Financings, Allow Bank Deductibility on Issues. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the introduction of a tax legislation in the U.S. House as of February 2003, that would allow more facilities to be financed with industrial development bonds and apply bank deductibility to such bonds on a limited basis. Provisions of the bill; Person who introduced the bill; Impact...
- Bill Could Give Harris Country, Tex., Role in Galveston Bridge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p7
Reports on a legislative bill to give commissioners of Harris County, Texas the authority to issue bonds secured by a number of revenue sources. Provisions under the bill; Implications of the approval of the bill for the county; Senator who introduced the bill.