Tennessee County Follows Upgrade With School Issue
- To get the most savings on refunding, Chicago schools weigh payments delay. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/15/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30478, p1
Reports that public schools officials in Chicago, Illinois are considering using an unusual payment structure on a refunding deal of up to $600 million. Bond market analysts' assessment of the plan; Delay of principal payments to the back end of the 30-year debt's term; Goal to eliminate some...
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.
- Denver's Aurora Public Schools to Fund Intial Face-lift with $150M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p49
Reports on the plans of Aurora Public Schools to issue $150 million general obligation bonds in the United States. Underwriters of the deal; Ratings of the bond issue; Reference to bonds sold by the Schools since 1984.
- Buffalo, N.Y., Schools to Sell $185M. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/9/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31715, p1
Reports on plans of New York-based Buffalo City School District to sell $185 million in insured 20-year-revenue bonds to finance school facility projects in the western New York city. Approach towards school financing approved in the Buffalo Schools Act; Reasons behind the enactment of Buffalo...
- Pittsburgh School District to Sell $39 Million, With More to Come. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p5
Reports on the marketing of general obligation bonds by Pittsburgh School District in Pennsylvania. Increase in education spending; Construction of elementary school; Removal of pyrite from the foundation of a high school building.
- School Successes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the approval of bond issues among the voters in two independent school districts in Houston, Texas.
- Good News in Hand, Cincinnati Schools to Sell Record $480M. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p30
Reports on the issuance of classroom facilities construction and improvement bonds by the Cincinnati City School District in Ohio. Schedule of the bond sale; Proceeds of the sale; Selection of Seasongood & Mayer as underwriter of the deal.
- Elgin Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p31
Reports on the approval of the sale of bonds by the board of education of Elgin School District U-46 in Elgin, Illinois. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Permission on the issuance of bonds without a referendum by the Illinois law.
- After a Slow Start, Region Gears Up for Surge of Issuance. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p30
Anticipates positive trends in bond issues and purchases in Southwestern States at the end of 2000. School and transportation issues for the last quarter of 2000; Refunding bonds; Region's outgrowing of infrastructure and school enrollments.
- Court Delay May Force New Hampshire Schools to Resubmit Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p3
Reports that court delay may force New Hampshire schools to resubmit bonds to voters. Threshold required for bond approval; Disputed bond projects.