In the Loop
- Sontag Wins Jerusalem Prize. // Publishers Weekly;3/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 13, p20
Deals with the selection of United States author Susan Sontag for the 2001 Jerusalem Prize. Panel of judges for the prize; Books written by Sontag.
- Chicago publisher IPG fights Amazon over Kindle payments. MOORE, ANNE // Crain's Chicago Business;3/12/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p0031
The article reports on the dispute between Independent Publisher Group (IPG) and Amazon.com Inc. over Kindle payments in Chicago, Illinois. It is inferred that Amazon pushed for a 55 percent to 60 percent discount from the retail price of books. It highlights the nonfiction book "Family...
- Writers' groups prepare for Amazon.ca. Mandel, Charles // Quill & Quire;Jun2002, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the launching of Amazon.ca in the U.S. Comment of publishers on Amazon; Citation on the issues of used-book sales and electronic rights for review; Controversy over the launching.
- Online Retailers See Holiday Sales Come At Steadier Pace Than In 1999. // Book Publishing Report;1/1/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
Reports on increased sales posted by online book retailers during the holiday season through December 17, 1999. Total online sales generated by books; Online consumer spending; Marginal increases posted by retailers; Amazon.com's efficient product delivery during the holidays.
- distribution daybook. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;12/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 49, p19
Covers updates on the book distribution industry in the U.S. as of December 2003. Sales performance of book distributor Independent Publishers Group; Establishment of Wilson & Associates by John W. Wilson.
- New online bookseller claims it's the next best thing to stealing. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p6
Discloses plans of startup online bookseller AllBooks4Less.com Inc. to compete with Amazon.com and B&N.com during the 1999 shopping season in the United States. Challenging of the pricing of major competitors; Offer of products at prices less than the other retailers; Book promotion during...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p7
Reports financial developments in the trade book industry following the terrorist attacks in the United States as of October 2001. Decline in online book sales revenue of Amazon.com Inc.; Increase in sales revenue of Simon & Schuster Inc.; Details on the third quarter revenue of McGraw-Hill...
- Book Battle. Bannan, Karen J. // Brandweek;02/28/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p80
Offers a look at the status of online booksellers in the United States compared with their electronic-commerce competitors. Total value of the online bookselling market; Reason behind the popularity of online bookselling; Strategy of Amazon.com; Net income of Barnesandnoble.com; How Borders.com...
- Sales, Losses Soar at Amazon.com in 1999. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the financial status and business operation of the online retailer Amazon.com in the United States. Business losses in 1999; Revenues from its book operation and other divisions for the fourth quarter of 1999; Details on the publishing-related deal of Amazon.com with Audible.com.