- MediaBay Teams With BAM. Nawotka, Ed // Publishers Weekly;9/25/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 39, p22
Reports that Books-A-Million Inc. has entered into a revenue-sharing agreement with MediaBay Incorporated. Benefit of MediaBay from the agreement; Effort for selling downloadable digital audio.
- BAM Sales Rise, but Margins Lag. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p13
Looks at the overall sales performance of Books-A-Million in the fiscal year ended January 29, 2000. Comments from Clyde Anderson, chairman of the company; Factors that influenced the results.
- BAM: Sales Up, But Has Net Loss. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;8/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 34, p22
Reports on the net sales of Books-A-Million (BAM) for the second quarter ended July 29, 2000. Increase in the company's net sales; Amount of the net loss of BAM; Information on its top-selling book categories.
- Sales, Earnings Rise at BAM. // Publishers Weekly;5/22/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 21, p28
Reports on the increase in earnings and sales of BOOKS-A-Million (BAM) in the first quarter ended April 29, 2000. Percent increase in revenues; Net income for the quarter; Percent increase in sales.
- BAM Has Another Weak Quarter. // Publishers Weekly;11/30/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 48, p10
Presents information on the sales of Books-A-Million (BAM) company for the third quarter ended October 31, 1998. Decline in the comparable-store sales of the company; Net loss; Comments from BAM president Clyde Anderson.
- Results up at BAM. // Publishers Weekly;5/31/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p20
Reports on an increase in Books-A-Million's revenues for the quarter ended May 1, 1999. Net earnings increase.
- Profits Up at BAM; Gets Ready for E-books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/15/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 11, p6
The article reports a 30.2 percent increase in net income to 13.8 million U.S. dollars posted by Books-A-Million for the fiscal year ended January 30, 2010, as the company prepares to enter the e-book market.
- Chain Sales Rose 3.7% in 2001, to $7.51 Billion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the increase in sales of major book chains in the U.S. for the fiscal year ended 2001. Rate of increase in the market sales of the stores; Net income of Books-A-Million; Information on in-store sales behavior.
- Sales, Losses Jump at Audiohighway.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p18
Reports on the total revenues at Audiohighway.com in 1999. Net loss of the company; Deficit; Reason for the increase in revenues; Amount of money that the company spent on sales and marketing.