Former Christian Distribution Services Chief Now Heads Rival
- Carpenter Leaving Christian Distribution Services. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/16/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 42, p12
Reports that Larry Carpenter is resigning as chairman of Christian Distribution Services (CDS) as of October 2000. Purpose of the establishment of CDS; Reason for his resignation.
- Publishing Vets Launch Christian Distributor. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;10/25/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 43, p11
Launches the Christian Distribution Services, distributor of Christian books, music and gifts. Comments from Larry Carpenter, company's founder member; Types of the company's services; Role of Bill Jayne, former president of Rutledge Hill in the company.
- FLEXIBLE ASSEMBLY LINE PROVIDES UNIQUE BENEFITS. Retsinas, Joan // In Business;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p17
Reports the business performance of Faithworks a non-profit company in Maine. View of the workers on the type of work; Satisfaction on the wages of the company; Description of the job. INSETS: NONPROFIT BUSINESSES: JOBS THE GOAL;INCREASING PROFITS.
- CDS Fine Despite Appearances, Says Parent Company's President. // Book Publishing Report;10/23/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the positive financial performance of Christian Distribution Services, according to parent company BookWorld President Ron Smith.
- Carpenter named to head Spring Arbor. // Publishers Weekly;7/28/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 30, p11
Reports that Larry Carpenter has been named president of Spring Arbor Distributors, the Christian book subsidiary of the Ingram Book Group.
- BookWorld's Christian Distributor Picks Up 25th Client, Drops Its Own President. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the dismissal of Bill Jayne as president of Christian Distribution Services. Company's plan to hire two lower-level employees; Growth of the company; Salary savings from Jayne's dismissal; Jayne's reaction to his dismissal.
- Distributor BookWorld clones itself to go after Christian book market. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p5
Reports on BookWorld Services' creation of a company called Christian Distribution Services that serves the Christian market. Company's claim to be the first to offer full-service distribution including warehousing, shipping and sales for the Christian market.
- Christian book distributor has outgrown its office confines. // Book Publishing Report;02/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the growth of Christian Distribution Services, a division of book publisher Bookworld. Number of publishing clients signed up by the company; Relocation of the company's facilities.
- Book `em: A look at consumer demand for books. Niemira, Michael P. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the increase in reading time of almost all age groups in the United States that may increase book sales. Retail bookstore sales during the first quarter of 1998; Role of the Internet in the demand for books.