As Revenues Rise, Net Income Falls, CEO Calls For 'Lots Of Patience.'
- Newly Minted Hungry Minds Has Earnings Dip. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 47, p10
Reports that IDG Books has changed its name to Hungry Minds Inc. Decline in the net income of the company for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2000; Decrease in sales in the consumer side; Expectations of the executives on fiscal 2001.
- Sales, Earnings Up at IDG Books. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;11/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 45, p14
Reports that the IDG Books company released its sales performance since its initial offering in July, 1998. Comments from IDG director of public relations, Mimi Sells; Series to be launched by IDG; Company with which IDG signed a licensing agreement; Persons named to the board of directors at IDG.
- Sales, Earnings Up at IDG Books. // Publishers Weekly;11/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 46, p14
Reports on the increase in revenues and net income of IDG Books for the year ended September 30, 1999. Revenues of the company in its branded franchise group; Plan of the company for 2000.
- At Newly Named Company--Formerly IDGB--Books Are Just The Beginning. // Book Publishing Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the renaming of the company IDG Books Worldwide into HungryMinds, designed to reflect its expansion beyond books into the realm of 'continuous content.' Plans to take content from nonfiction brands to consumers through Web sites, email and a online university; Inspiration of name...
- Revenues Rise, Earnings Dip at IDG Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the financial performance of IDG Books in the quarter ended June 30, 2000. Reason for the revenues in the company's technology book; Agreements completed by IDG during the quarter to leverage its content.
- IDG Books sales up. // Publishers Weekly;5/3/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the sales performance of IDG Books Worldwide Inc. during the second quarter ended March 31, 1999. Sales increase in the company's franchise group; Sales in the IDGB technology group; Net income for the first half of 1999.
- IDG Books Expands Cliffs Notes Line. Milliott, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 44, p12
Reports that IDG Books published a number of book titles called Cliffs Notes lifestyle line. Two categories of Cliffs Notes; Its price; Features of the company's Web site; Revenues and net income posted in 1998.
- FOLLOW-UP OF PULMONARY NODULES: FOLLOWING THE FLEISCHNER RADIOLOGY GUIDELINES. Selvaraj, S.; Parry, L.; Garbett, K.; McAdam, J.; Naicker, T. R.; Srinivasan, K. S.; Moudgil, H. // Thorax;Dec2011 Supplement, pA131
Background 0.1% of chest films and 1% of chest CT show incidental pulmonary nodule(s). While some of these are acted on immediately, others are followed up where the nodules are small and there are no risk factors (never smokers, age <35 years, other malignancies). Fleischner Society recommends...
- No Quick Fix at Hungry Minds. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p10
Offers a look at the financial performance of Hungry Minds for the first quarter ended December 31, 2000. Factors which contributed to the sales loss; Plan to reduce Internet initiatives.