At Newly Named Company--Formerly IDGB--Books Are Just The Beginning
- As Revenues Rise, Net Income Falls, CEO Calls For 'Lots Of Patience.'. // Book Publishing Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p3
Informs on the financial results for HungryMinds, previously known as IDG Books Worldwide, for fiscal 2000, ended September 30. Rise in revenue; Investment strategy.
- Newly Minted Hungry Minds Has Earnings Dip. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 47, p10
Reports that IDG Books has changed its name to Hungry Minds Inc. Decline in the net income of the company for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2000; Decrease in sales in the consumer side; Expectations of the executives on fiscal 2001.
- iUniverse provides outsourced services to IDG Books. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jul2000, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p28
Reports on iUniverse.com Inc.'s entry into a deal with IDG Books Worldwide Inc. to maintain and host the company's database of more than 500 titles from three of its most popular series. IUniverse's digital conversion and storage of IDG Books' Frommer's Travel Guides, 'For Dummies' books, and...
- Revenues Rise, Earnings Dip at IDG Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the financial performance of IDG Books in the quarter ended June 30, 2000. Reason for the revenues in the company's technology book; Agreements completed by IDG during the quarter to leverage its content.
- IDG books sells off second MGR business since mid-November. // Book Publishing Report;12/20/99, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p3
Reports that IDG Books Worldwide Inc. plans to keep the rest of the brands it purchased in the summer of 1999 from Macmillan General Reference (MGR). Rationale for the divestiture of Chek-Chart and Motor Information Systems; Purchase of MGR properties from Pearson PLC; List of the remaining...
- IDGB names new exec to carry company through transition. // Book Publishing Report;02/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the appointment of William Barry as the president of IDG Books Worldwide. Experiences of Barry in book trade; Stint in Random House and Doubleday; Transformation of the company into a consumer reference publisher.
- Deals bring series of books into OverDrive. Sable, Lauren E. // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/14/99, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p22
Highlights the deals that put Solon, Ohio-based software development firm OverDrive Systems on the cutting edge of the emerging market for electronic publishing. Application of firm's BookWorks electronic publishing software; Deals with IDG Books Worldwide Inc. and SoftBook Press Inc.
- Investors Get Chance To Show 'Lots Of Patience' As Hungry Minds' Sales Slump. // Book Publishing Report;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p1
Reports the financial performance of book publishing company Hungry Minds as of the first quarter of 2001. Transition of the company to a provider of a variety of print and electronic forms; Percentage drop in technology book sales and Internet revenues; Financial impact of the aquisition of...
- Hungry Minds Unveils ePublishing for Dummies. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Jan2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p36
Reports on the release of the book 'ePublishing for Dummies,' by Hungry Minds Inc. Description of the book, which is the latest in the company's For Dummies series, and gives practical guidelines to electronic book publishing.