Toward a More Transformative Approach: The Limits of Transgender Formal Equality
- CATHERINE CARLSON'S DAY IN COURT. May-Chang, Jody // Boise Weekly;4/6/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p9
The article discusses a court case wherein a 53-year-old transsexual woman is facing the possibility to become incarcerated in Idaho. It notes that the transsexual woman is charged with felonies including first-degree arson, unlawful possession of destructive device, and usage of a hoax...
- Trans girl allowed female ID card. // Philadelphia Gay News;10/18/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p23
The article reports that a transgender in Argentina has been granted the right to identify female as her gender and was allowed to have a female identification card.
- Â¿Corregir el cuerpo o cambiar el sistema? La transexualidad ante el orden de gÃ©nero. Ferré, Joan Vendrell // SociolÃ³gica;ene-abr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 69, p61
This article explores the implications of the contemporary trans movement's assimilationalist orientation under the aegis of the state's medical-legal apparatus. Based on an analysis of transsexuality as a form of the gender mainstream specific to our culture, the author looks at the...
- Project STAR and TASC to host transgender community picnic. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/28/2008, Issue 1079, p14
The article reports on the fifth annual Transgender Community Picnic which will be hosted by Project STAR and the Transgender Advocacy and Services Center (TASC) at Balboa Park in San Diego, California on September 27, 2008 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tips for trans voters. Jacobs, Ethan // Bay Windows;10/26/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p5
The article reports that a voting guide has been released by the National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) with information about obstacles that transgender people may face when they vote at the November 2006 U.S. elections. The guide also offers advice on how to make sure that they can...
- APPENDING TRANSGENDER EQUAL RIGHTS TO GAY, LESBIAN AND BISEXUAL EQUAL RIGHTS. Adler, Libby // Columbia Journal of Gender & Law;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p595
The article looks at efforts to include transgender equal rights under existing equal rights laws for gay, lesbian, and bisexual (GLB) people in the U.S. Concerns related to the appending of GLB equal rights are discussed, noting that the association between sexual orientation and gender...
- The Riddle of Gender: Science, Activism, and Transgender Rights. Friedman, Richard C. // New England Journal of Medicine;10/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 16, p1751
This article reviews the book "The Riddle of Gender: Science, Activism, and Transgender Rights," by Deborah Rudacille.
- THE RIDDLE OF GENDER SCIENCE, ACTIVISM, AND TRANSGENDER RIGHTS. DeCrescenzo, Teresa // Lesbian News;Apr2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p33
Reviews the book "The Riddle of Gender Science, Activism, and Transgender Rights," by Deborah Rudacille.
- THE MASSACHUSETTS TRANSGENDER EQUAL RIGHTS BILL: FORMAL LEGAL EQUALITY IN A TRANSPHOBIC SYSTEM. Strout, Jean // Harvard Journal of Law & Gender;Summer2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p515
No abstract available.