Widney UK slide range gets mighty coverage
- The right technology for the job. // Wood & Wood Products;May96, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p98
Features furniture making equipment from JDS. Features; Capabilities; Advantages.
- Edging to success. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;11/14/97, Issue 5064, p25
Evaluates four edgebanding machines used in applying lipping to chipboard panels. Features of the IDM edgebanding line at William Ball, the Stefani Monomatics at Project Office Furniture, the hand-operated machines at EBM and Cehisa and the Casadei V30/10 edgebander; Typical user problems;...
- K208 has the edge at SCM's three day open house event. // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p25
Features SCM's K208 single sided edgebander for furniture making. Application in wood veneer and plastics edging; Feed speed.
- New Activa is good at short runs. // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p20
Presents the Activa edgebanding and combination furniture making machines from IDM. Features and functions; Contact information.
- Universal acclaim for the new MiniMax CU 300K. // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p21
Presents the MiniMax CU 300K furniture making equipment from SCM GB. Four speed spindle molder capacity; Adjustability of its helical feed roller.
- The most popular furniture woods: The historical perspective. Frye, Larry R. // Wood & Wood Products;1995 Centennial, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p304
Reports on the preferences of furniture woods in different periods. Gothic style; Transition from Europe to America; Balance of inventory and demand; Veneer, lumber and types of construction; Correlation between style and species.
- Cut your costs. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p26
Focuses on machines for furniture manufacturing. Tungsten carbide tipped board material and solid timber cutting tools; Polycrystalline diamond tooling; Surface finishing; Effect of the cutting process on the noise that machines produce; Changeover times.
- Manufacturing. // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p28
Presents news items related to tools and equipment for furniture manufacturing. Includes Hafele's installation of a pallet Shuffle Store; Sand-Tech's development of the RS1 edge sander; BeA's self-loading staple gun; Coats' introduction of the Atlas tkt 200.
- Improved Jiffy range offers strong barrier. // Cabinet Maker;11/21/97, Issue 5065, p33
Reports on the improvements in Jiffy's Vanguard blankets, rolls and furniture covers. Use of moisture resistant paper as base material for the products.