Business coalition asks furniture trade to support forest certification scheme
- Curvaceous collection of teak furnishings. Catinella, Rita F. // Architectural Record;May2004, Vol. 192 Issue 5, p217
The sculptor Diamond Teak's award-winning Spirit Song collection of outdoor furniture is made of solid plantation teak from Costa Rica, where the company has planted tens of thousands of native trees certified by the Forestry Stewardship Council. Pieces can be used indoors as well as out, and...
- Who has Greenpeace helped? Dixon, Audrey // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p1
Focuses on the entry of timber importer suppliers in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Contribution of timber industry in the unemployment problem of the country; Impact of the entry on the buying behavior of the public; Effect of the entry on the furniture retailers.
- Cross cut line boosts IJM Timber capacity. // Cabinet Maker;01/23/98, Issue 5072, p25
Reports that an optimizing cross cut line has increased production accuracy and efficiency at furniture firm IJM Timber in Great Britain. Infeed system; Outfeed sorting system.
- Traditional Jumu Furniture and the Museum of Classical Jumu Furniture. Evarts, Curtis // Orientations;Jun2006, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses the jumu furniture-making tradition in China. Jumu, also known as Zelkova in English, has long been considered a premium furniture-making timber due to its strength, hardness, pleasing grain patterns and workability. Jumu furniture forms the basis of the Museum of Classical...
- DRAMATIC ZEBRAWOOD: A Popular Exotic with a Popular Name. Jo-Ann# Kaiser // Wood & Wood Products;May2005, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p37
Provides information about zebrawood, a type of hardwood popular among furniture makers in the U.S. Origin of the wood species; Use in cabinetry, furniture, flush doors, inlay and crossbandings applications; Texture of the wood. INSET: What's in a name?.
- CONTENTS. Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;11/16/2012, Issue 5813, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue regarding the impact of the European Union Timber Regulations on the furniture industry.
- Leader. Peck, Chris // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2014, Issue 5875, p3
The author reflects on the impact of the European Union (EU) Timber Regulation on the furniture industry and the means for the sector to avoid violation of such rule.
- Will shoppers pay more for ethically sourced furniture? // Cabinet Maker;11/24/2006, Issue 5515, p53
The article reflects on the willingness of the consumers to pay extra amount for products that are derived from nature. The author notes several furniture manufacturers have made efforts in stressing in their web sites that timber sources are sustainable. However, the author comments that a time...
- Furniture from blackwood. Benjamin, Graeme; Benjamin, Betty // New Zealand Tree Grower;Aug2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p19
The article provides information on blackwood furniture. According to Graeme Benjamin, owner of Everwood Furniture, customers visiting the firm's showroom in Mount Maunganui, New Zealand love furniture made from blackwood timber. The traditional and contemporary solid wood furniture manufactures...