Waterbury, Conn., Hopes Notes Might Help Avoid Takeover
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- Flint, Mich., Fiscal Review Team Says Debt Sale Is Doubtful. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p50
Reports on the budget deficit of the state government in Michigan. Plan of issuing fiscal stabilization bonds; Disagreement of the city council members on the budget cut; Source of revenue.
- Miami Hopes to Redeem Its Image With $130 Million Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p37
Reports the strategic plans of Miami to cover up the million budget deficit in Florida. Plans to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of bond program oversight board; Adoption of rules for bond issuance.
- Analysts: Budget May Weaken California Financial Situation. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p40
Reports the incoming budget deficit in California. Approval of the budget for the 2003; Increase on the demand of bond; Plan of the government officials on the issue.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p35
Presents developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 28, 2002. Possible shortfall in the current fiscal year due to New York City's budget crisis; Plan of Puerto Rico Municipal Finance Agency to sell multi-million in general obligation bonds on October 29 to convert short-term loans...
- Waterbury, Conn., Searches for Way To Fill Gaping Hole in Pension Fund. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p3
Reports on the sale of special capital reserve fund bonds in Waterburry, Connecticut. Utilization of the proceeds of the sale in eliminating accumulated fiscal deficits; Reduction of unfunded liability; Decrease in operating funds.
- Chance of States Raiding Housing Agency Funds Is Rising. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p36
Focuses on the proposal to raid the housing finance agencies' bond programs and general funds to raise needed cash in the U.S. Existence of large state budget deficits; Effect of the proposed raids on credit rating; Details of raids.
- California GOs, Again. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p1
Focuses on a multi-million dollar general obligation bond sale by California. Yield for investors on the bonds; Concern of investors regarding budget deficits in the state; Utilization of bond sale proceeds.
- No budget, big deficit? No problem. // Crain's New York Business;6/14/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the increased demand for the bonds of New York which has a budget deficit of 9 billion dollars and where the Governor David Paterson had to push through a series of emergency spending bills due to the budget impasse in its Assembly.