Gas Tax, Stadium Stay on Illinois Lawmakers' Plates
- Congress passes small gasoline tax increase. // National Petroleum News;Sep93, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p24
Reports on Congress' approval of a gasoline tax increase. Congress' agreement to move the diesel tax collection point; Opposition to British thermal unit by manufacturers and refiners; Allegations of `mob control' of diesel suppliers; Short term impact of the bill. INSET: Key Clinton budget...
- Cap and Trade $3.6 trillion gas tax on all of us. Hutchinson, Kay Bailey // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/4/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 44, p6A
In this article the author discusses the composition of the cap and trade legislation created by the Democratic lawmakers including the increase in the national gas taxation, and the increase in the gasoline cost.
- Maryland Lawmakers Mull Gas-Tax Hike, But No Rise of Debt Cap. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;3/21/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33485, p6
The article reports on the plan of legislators of a 10-cent-per-gallon rise to Maryland's 23.5-cent gas tax but the potential revenue increase may not be used by the government to back bonds for transportation purposes due to the limited room under its debt cap.
- A new direction. Stuart, Elaine // State Government News;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p6
Opinion. Comments on the prospective reauthorization of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) of 1991. Distribution of funds raised through federal gasoline taxes to states; President Bill Clinton's proposed replacement for ISTEA.
- Dem leaders shy away from hike on gas tax despite party support. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;2/11/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p3
The article reports on the unwillingness of Senate Democratic leaders to embrace an increase in the gas tax despite pressure from some of members in the U.S.
- State should lower prices at the pump via tax cut. Briggs, Mike // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/01/2000, Issue 322610, p35
Calls on the California state legislature to cut gasoline tax to give families needed relief. Enough funds from surplus in the state budget; Impact of high gas prices on families and industries; Key aspects of gas tax legislation introduced and killed in the state legislature.
- Report.: Roads may need gas-tax boost. Malmgren, Jessica // Hill;4/30/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p8
The article reports on the efforts of several U.S. politicians in calling for a gas-tax holiday.
- SENATE REJECTS A FUELS-TAX CUT. Ichiniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/24/2000-07/31/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 4/5, p25
Reports that the United States Senate has turned back another attempt to cut the federal fuels tax. Senator Spencer Abraham's proposed five-month tax hiatus; Other anti-tax-cut bills opposed by the Senate.
- Gasoline tax repeal: Dead or alive? // National Petroleum News;Sep96, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the possible dropping of the bill that would temporarily repeal a portion of the federal gasoline tax. Embroilment of the bill with other unrelated proposals; Speculation on outcome of Senate's consideration of the bill.