Price of Proposed Dallas Road Taking Its Toll on Issuers
- Traffic Levels Become a Concern For Future California Road Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p3
Reports on concerns regarding the performance of California road bonds following decision of Fitch Ratings to downgrade San Joaquin Hills toll road bonds. Insurance of the bonds by MBIA Insurance Corp.; Comments of Peter Bianchini, vice president of Charles Schwab Investment Management on...
- Dulles Toll Road Bonds Stripped From Virginia Budget Proposal. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;4/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33694, p4
The article reports on the removal of the authorization bond of Dulles toll road from the Virginia budget proposal, final general assembly for the final vote on the budget is on April 17, 2012.
- Colorado Officials Consider Toll Agency for Road Funding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31200, p1
Reports that Colorado highway officials may ask the Legislature to create a state toll road authority to allow them to take advantage of toll-backed revenue bonds. Use of the bonds for highway projects; Success of toll roads.
- Texas tollway board ready to proceed with turnpike revenue bond sale. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p28
Reports that the North Texas Tollway Authority board agreed to move forward with its first new-money bond sale. Preparation of legal documents related to the offering; Underwriters.
- Toll Road Deals Freighted With Underlying Risks, Experts Say. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p9
Focuses on analysts' comments on the risks contained in unrated start-up toll road bond deals in the United States. Comparison with established credits such as the deal involving the New Jersey Turnpike; Traffic feasibility forecasts on start-up toll roads; Bond pricing of start-up toll roads.
- Toll Tug-of-War in South Carolina. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p1
The article reports on the argument between South Carolina investors and the state over who will receive a bigger share of revenue from bankrupt bond-funded toll road outside Greenville.
- Trends in the Region: Illinois Toll Authority Reformers Aim to Drive in Fast Lane. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p30
Reports on the possible resumption of efforts to reform the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority and refinance its $854 million of outstanding toll-backed debt in illinois. Introduction of a legislative package that will propose various reforms; Proposition of a legislation in 2001 by the...
- Time-Specific Tolls. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p27
The article reports on the approval of a rate schedule for a toll facility that rises prices during rush hours and drops them when there are no traffic jams by the Colorado Tolling Enterprise board. The facility consists of two reversible lanes that are opened in a systematic way during the...
- Standard & Poor's Moves S.C. Toll Road to Negative. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p32
Reports on the change in rating of outstanding revenue bonds sold in 1998 to build a toll road in Atlanta, Georgia by ratings agency Standards & Poor Corp. Categories of bonds to which the action applies; Difference between the projected and actual toll revenue earned on the road; Statistics of...