Panel: Online Trading, Underwriting Won't Render Professionals Obsolete
- E-trading: The view from the buy side. Stirland, Sarah // Securities Industry News;06/14/99, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p47
Focuses on the effects of the growth of electronic trading in the securities industry in the late 1990s. Additional task for traders; Implications for buyside traders; Disparity between investment management firms and the brokerage side of the business; Factors driving interest in electronic...
- Market-maker survey: The coming revolution. Byrne, John A. // Securities Industry News;06/14/99, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p51
Highlights a survey of online market-makers in the securities industry for the year ended March 31, 1999. Impact of the rising volume of online retail order flow; Profit margin declines posted by market-makers; Companies topping the group in transaction volumes; Reaction to Nasdaq's extended...
- Trade Confirmation Market Working to Achieve STP. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;08/09/99, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p8
Focuses on efforts in the securities industry to enhance straight-through processing (STP) features of electronic securities trading systems. Industry costs of the lack of STP; Analysis of industry developments in achieving STP.
- Systems integration helps drive deal-making flurry. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;10/25/99, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p17
Focuses on the interconnection trend of electronic securities trading operations in the securities industry. Companies involved include SunGard Data Systems, Automatic Data Processing and TSI International Software; Vendors feeling the pressure of the industry's movement toward straight-through...
- Matching Still Raises Concerns. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;04/02/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the criticisms on the securities industry's primary straight-through processing models, Omgeo and Transaction Flow Manager (TFM), expected to be operational by end of 2001. Questions on how the proposed matching services would work; Connectivity of the two models; Market players'...
- Obstacles Remain in Move to Cross-Border Trading. Miskin, Donna; Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;04/02/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p6
Highlights the topics discussed at the Cross-Border Trading Conference held in London, England to address the problems in cross-border electronic trading of securities in Europe. Need for an open regulatory framework for authorities to follow; Actions taken and initiatives launched by...
- BankOxygen System Gains Five Partners. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;05/21/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p20
Reports that BankOxygen, an Internet-based trading platform for securities, has added liquidity providers in the United States.
- T+1 Countdown to 2001. Bielski, Lauren // ABA Banking Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p35
Discusses the shift to next-day trade settlement through straight through processing (STP) in the United States. Efforts of the securities industry to shorten the settlement cycle; Benefits of the next-day trade settlement; Utilization of Internet technology for STP.
- Autex Resumes Attack on Nasdaq's PostData Service. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;07/19/99, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p9
Reports the opposition of Autex company on the PostData service proposed by Nasdaq in Boston, Massachusetts. Call on the Securities and Exchange Commission to withhold approval of PostData; Components in the Postdata package; Assurance of Nasdaq on regulatory fees generated from Automated...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT. // Securities Industry News;06/05/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p3
Presents a graph related to the value of online trading of securities in Europe from 1998 to 2003.