Northwest Cautious With Power Deregulation After Calif.'s Woes
- Electricity deregulation--get the wiring right. Murkowski, Frank H. // Christian Science Monitor;4/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 89, p19
Opinion. Discusses the possibility of electricity deregulation in the United States. Benefits of electricity deregulation to the average consumer; Consideration of ways to increase competition among suppliers; Principles ignored by electricity reform proposals; Electricity reform as a very...
- Deregulation it's not a done deal. Kemezis, Paul // Electrical World;May97, Vol. 211 Issue 5, p21
Looks at how utility firms in the South and Mid-West are aiming to win the competitive electric game. Some companies opposed to deregulation; Conclusion of various public utilities commissions; Some states reluctant to restructure; Possible federal intervention. INSET: Think tank orchestrates...
- Report: Reduce hidden project risks with new tactics. Rode, Douglas M. // Electrical World;May97, Vol. 211 Issue 5, p48
Looks at the hidden risks involved in the competitive electric power distribution market. Breeding of new categories of risk; Effects of risks on the stakeholder; Traditional utility model; Different perceptions of risk. INSET: New risk externalities of the competitive marketplace..
- Don't fight change, exploit it. Moonan, Kevin // Electrical World;May97, Vol. 211 Issue 5, p68
Looks at comments made at a symposium aimed at the effects of deregulation in the electric industry. Advice to utility managers; Urge not to fight change; Different concepts of the deregularized market.
- Arizona must set lofty standards for deregulation. // Inside Tucson Business;04/12/99, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
Editorial. Comments on the need for the state government of Arizona to implement higher standards of competition in the deregulated electric industry. Need for standards for the industry to become more sensitive to consumers' demands.
- Consumers place in deregulation debated. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;04/12/99, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the need to consider consumers' reactions to the deregulation trend in the electric industry in Arizona. Criticisms against the issuance of deregulation rules without public hearings; Concerns of consumers' groups over the implementation of hearing regulations.
- DEREGULATION DAY. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;01/01/2001, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the deregulation of the electric industry in Tucson, Arizona in 2001. Arizona Corporation Commission's prediction that electric deregulation in the city would be completed in 2001; Overview on conditions under the rules of deregulation; Impact of deregulation on the local electric...
- Restaurants seek electricity savings. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;09/28/98, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p1
Discusses the campaign of the Arizona Restaurant Association to make electrical generation deregulation a reality for its members. Campaign for the aggregation of power loads; Savings in electric bills; Advantage in ability to compete with other restaurants.
- Social goals and electric-utility deregulation. Hirst, Eric; Tonn, Bruce // Issues in Science & Technology;Spring96, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p43
Reports on the deregulation of the electric utility. How the 1992 Energy Policy is promoting the restructuring of the electricity industry; Information on restructuring policies and its benefits; Suggestions on how to save energy; Information on the California Public Utilities Commission May...
- A spotlight on electric deregulation. Easter, Pamela S. // Public Management (00333611);Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the deregulation of the electric industry in the United States. Factors resulting to the deregulation plans; Implication of the deregulation policy on the local governments; Preparation of the local government for electric deregulation; Informations on electric deregulations.