Bear Stearns Looks To Get South Carolina Tobacco Bond Sale
- Tobacco Takes Center Stage; $1.36B N.Y.C. Sale Leads the Pack. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p7
The article reports on the performance of the tobacco industry in the United States. The performance was affected by narrowing spreads and signs of credit strengthening. There is no negative news about tobacco bonds so the sector is viewed as stable. According to Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc., the...
- Wisconsin Nails Down Size of Tobacco Deal at $1.7 Billion. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p36
Reports the securitization of shares on the 1998 tobacco settlement in Wisconsin. Price of deal with Bear, Stearns & Co.; Establishment of the state on Badger Tobacco Asset Securitization Corp. issuer on the tax-exempt deal; Sale of bond in serials; Use of accelerated redemption turbo mechanisms.
- Missouri Fills Out Tobacco Deal Syndicate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p32
Reports the selection of supporters to the marketing of tobacco securitization of Bear, Stearns & Co. in Missouri. Co-senior managers of the securitization; Vote against the selection by Attorney General Jay Nixon.
- 1st Quarter MBS, ABS Evaporate. Peters, Terry // National Mortgage News;4/14/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the decline of the volume of mortgage-backed security deals by nearly 78%, according to Thomson Financial in the U.S. It is said that asset-backed securities were down by more than 86%. Bear Stearns & Co. led the rankings of mortgage-backed securities underwriters in the...
- Three TRUPS marketing. D.G // Asset Securitization Report;06/24/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 25, p7
Reports that Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. is marketing the triple-As on Tropic Trust Preferred (TRUPS) collateralized debt obligation (CDO) I in the United States. Weighted average life of TRUPS CDO; Default rate of TRUPS CDO.
- Consolidated Street research. // Asset Securitization Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 26, p18
Presents charts depicting the asset-backed financing of several companies. Bank of America; Bear Stearns & Co. Inc.; Deutsche Bank.
- Doubts Dog Bear's Structured LatAm Biz. F. O. // Asset Securitization Report;3/24/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p19
The article reports on the move of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. to engage into the asset-backed security (ABS) market in Latin America. It discusses the transactions it has made with Ford Credit de Mexico company as well as its finance for the construction of the Trump Ocean Club in Panama and Cap...
- Bear:ABS CDOs will not suffer fate of MH, HY predecessors. A. P. // Asset Securitization Report;3/19/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p14
The article reports Bear Stearns analysts have refuted claims that the situation in the subprime mortgage market would result in asset-backed securitization (ABS) collateralized debt obligation (CDO) crisis similar to those experienced from losses on manufactured housing loans and high yield...
- Bear kicks off promising year for mutual fund ABS. Tempkin, Adam; Lewis, Jakema; Primack, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/31/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the scheduled launched of a securitization of mutual fund fees through Bear Stearns & Co. Projected growth of the asset-backed securities (ABS) market for the year 2000; Significance of the ABS deal to Constellation Financial Management Co., which also securitized mutual fund...