Merrill Lynch Consolidates Its Closed-End Muni Funds
- Pirelli closes â‚¬873m Italian vehicle. // EuroProperty;2004, p5
Pirelli Real Estate has closed its â‚¬873 million Italian Cloe office fund. The closed-end fund was placed with "sophisticated" Italian and international investors, defined as those who understand the risk associated with investment. General Electric Co. and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. are...
- Merrill aids flood victims. // Crain's New York Business;8/2/93, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p25
Reports on the pledge of support given by Merrill Lynch & Co. to Midwestern flood relief. Donation made to the American Red Cross and Salvation Army.
- Merril Lynch Closing Newport Center Office. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p3
Reports the closure of the Newport Center office of Merrill Lynch & Co. in Orange County, California. Relocation of affected employees to other branches; Implementation of cost-cutting measures by the company; Failure to negotiate with building owners for the extension of the lease contract.
- Merrill Lynch program gets high marks. Kistner, Toni // Network World;11/13/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p29
Focuses on the success of Merrill Lynch's telecommuting program in the United States. Reduction of traffic congestion; Enhanced employee morale; Expansion of recruitment opportunities; Dedicated staff of information technology professionals. INSET: Briefs..
- Sells real-estate offices. // Newsweek;10/13/1986, Vol. 108 Issue 16, p57
Last week Merrill Lynch & Co. moved to stave off criticisms of standing still and returning little by selling off its national network of real-estate offices and some related businesses. Proceeds of the proposed sale will go back into securities. Critics say the company still isn't changing fast...
- Merrill May Pay FCs for Attracting Internet Assets. Horowitz, Jed // On Wall Street;Aug99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p13
Reports that Merrill Lynch may compensate financial consultants (FC) for bringing client assets into the trading channel it plans to launch in December 1999. How it could improve the attitude of FCs; Plans to eliminate penalties against FCs who discount commissions for their clients;...
- Merrill Eyes Donor-Advised Fund for Charitable Giving. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;2/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the plan of banking company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. to start a donor-advised fund in April, 2003 in the U.S. Goal of the company behind the fund plan; Expectations for assets to be collected by the company through funds; Performance of donor-advised funds during the year 2001; Other...
- Merrill Lynch may appeal ruling. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;02/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p38
States that the ruling which was made by a federal judge in relation to the discrimination case with Merrill Lynch and Company is being appealed by the company. Reference to judge, Nancy Gertner of the United States District Court for Massachusetts; Circumstances surrounding the ruling;...
- Back to U.K. // Crain's New York Business;8/30/93, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p26
Reports on the plans of Merrill Lynch & Co. to re-enter the British bond market which it abandoned in 1989. Application to the Bank of England to become a market maker in gilts; Company's generation of revenue overseas.
- TOTAL RETURNS. // High Yield Report;6/9/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p10
Lists total returns of high yield investments as of June 4, 2003. Merill Lynch high yield; Merrill Lynch investment grade; Ten-year treasury; 30-year treasury; EMU corporate index; European high yield.