$1B Minneapolis Budget Would Authorize $75M in GOs
- FinMin's 2001 budget news gets skeptical reaction. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;1/7/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the skepticism of financial analysts and politicians to the budget news from Finance Ministry in Czech Republic. Deficit level of the country; Appropriateness of running a record deficit in a time of economic recovery; Exclusion of losses in the banking sector in the report.
- Retirement incentives help offset deficit. Raflo, Brook // American City & County;Dec2002, Vol. 117 Issue 17, p8
Focuses on the stopgap measures implemented by the Oakland County, Michigan Board of Commissioners to study the county's deficit as of December 2002. Actions taken by the board to balance the 2003 fiscal year budget; Plans of the board regarding its retirement programs.
- New Mexico County's Deficit Doesn't Concern Analysts. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;06/12/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31158, p40
Reports the deficit of the operating budget of the Bernalillo County, New Mexico in Dallas, Texas. Issuance of tax anticipation notes to provide with cash by the officials; Approval on the increase of property taxes by the county commissioners; Impact of the shortfall on the county's share of...
- Hungary April budget gap at 97% of 2014 target. // Regional Today;5/8/2014, p2
The article reports on a general government deficit posted by Hungary in April 2014 which further widened the cumulated gap to 951.1 billion Hungarian forint, as of May 2014.
- U.S. Ran $69.545B Deficit in October. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31764, p2
Reports budget deficit in Washington.
- Q&A: Art Blackwell speaks on EMs in Michigan. // Michigan Citizen;1/8/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 9, pA16
The article discusses the issues concerning the plan of establishing Emergency Financial Manager in Detroit, Michigan, in relation to budget cuts.
- EDITOR'S NOTEBOOK. Clark, Timothy B. // Government Executive;Mar2002, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the budget deficit and spendings in the United States. Outline of U.S. President George W. Bush and budget director Mitch Daniels on the spendings in the fiscal 2003; Use of Social Security surplus for financing deficit spendings; Complaints on the freeze of discretionary spendings...
- UAE approves deficit--free budget for 2013. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/2/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 44, p24
The article states that the United Arab Emirates cabinet approved a 2013 federal budget that includes no deficit spending for the first time in two years, with over half of the budget allocated to social benefits and social development and 41 percent allocated to government affairs.
- Connecticut Cutting Deficit Deal By One-Third Thanks to Surplus. // Bond Buyer;9/7/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33378, p7
The article reports on the plan of Connecticut to use a budget surplus for the reduction of a planned deficit borrowing by approximately a third in September 2010.