NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Ferris, Craig T.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p2
Reports developments in business in the United States as of May 2001. Increase of overall price index for crude and consumer goods in Washington; Growth in the retail sales; Upgrade of the debt of Maui County, Hawaii from AA-minus to A-plus.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sanchez, Humberto; Ferris, Craig T.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p1
Presents news briefs related to bonds and securities in the U.S. as of December 6, 2002. Decrease in applications for state unemployment benefits; Revision of federal indexes of industrial production and capacity utilization; Details on the sale of cash management bills by the Treasury Department.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the United States as of May 2001. Announcement of the decrease of import prices index by the Department of labor; Decline of the Chicago Fed Midwest Manufacturing Index; Amount of unemployment benefits.
- In Search of Bargains. Niemira, Michael P. // Chain Store Age;May99, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p42
Presents statistical information regarding consumer price trends in the United States for the year 1998. Information on the Consumer Price Index; Distinction between cost-of-living (COL) measure and the cost-of-purchase (COP) index; Overall price trends in the US market; Commodities with the...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/17/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 20, p42
Presents several graphs of trading activities in the U.S. as of May 17, 2003. Containerized ocean trade; U.S. foreign trades; Rail cargo; Industrial Price Index.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Reduction in the applications for state unemployment benefits; Increase in the import price index; Inventories of merchant wholesalers.
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Aug78, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p61
Contains tables reflecting labor statistics in the U.S., current as of August 1978. Employment status of noninstitutional population, selected years, 1950-1977; Unemployment insurance and employment service operations; Producer price index, by durability of product.
- Notes. // OECD Economic Surveys: Switzerland;Dec2000, p138
Presents notes related to the economic survey of Switzerland conducted by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Import growth; Results of the reforms of unemployment insurance; Basis of the calculation of the Consumer Price Index.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31903, p2
Presents news briefs related to bonds in the United States as of June 2004. Increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Rise in import price index; Federal government's budget deficit in May 2004.