New Access to Catskill Lands
- VIRTUAL HUNTING. Jones, Wayne // New York State Conservationist;Aug2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p10
Describes a program launched by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) as of August 2000. Virtual hunting experiences provided to help teach the principles of safe and responsible hunting; Questions frequently asked about hunting; Basic rules of firearms safety taught to...
- Salvation...or snake oil. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/26/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p1
The article discusses the statement of New York Commissioner Pete Grannis for the Department of Environmental Conservation regarding the proposal for natural gas drilling that will create production and revenue for the state.
- Outdoor Fun!--Women learn outdoor skills at Becoming an Outdoors-Woman events. Roods, Merycarol // New York State Conservationist;Dec2012, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p14
The author presents a personal narrative of her experience in participating in Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) seminar sponsored by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation on a facility on Lake George, New York.
- An Unforgettable -- & Unpredictable -- Adventure. // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Winter2006, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p104
The article deals with the mid-winter driving trip of the author with Mossy Oak senior vide president Cruz Strickland. They left West Point, Mississippi and their first stop was Pearsall, Texas where they hunted whitetails with some guys from Gander Mountain. The second leg was a Catch A Dream...
- The PHEASANT Exam. Bourjaily, Phil // Field & Stream;Nov2012, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p70
A quiz is presented concerning on hunting.
- HUNT OF THE MONTH. // Outdoor Life;Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 213 Issue 1, p34
The article features the Owyhee high desert in southwestern Idaho, one of the best places for hunting. The best season for hunting in the area and a contact information is provided.
- New York State DEC announces new land management program. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/15/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p16
The article reports on the launching of the Rapid Waters Unit Management Plan (UMP) by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Commissioner Pete Grannis announced that UMP assesses the natural, physical, social, and recreational resources of the landscape to provide a...
- DEC releases plan to put New York on a path 'Beyond Waste'. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/22/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 121, pA2
The article reports on the announcement made by Commissioner Pete Grannis of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) concerning the release of the draft of his Solid Waste Management Plan.
- NYS purchases 330 acres in the Catskill Park. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/9/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p6
The article announces the acquisition of 330 acres at Overlook Mountain in Woodstock and Ulster County, New York by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). According to DEC Commissioner Pete Grannis, the mountain has long enjoyed a prominent place in natural and...