Northern Snakehead Removal
- Snakehead Discovery. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p29
The article reports on the discovery by the New York State Department of Environmental Protection staff of northern snakehead fish in a New York City lake in June 2005. The snakehead is a predatory fish popular both as exotic food and as aquarium fish. Their introduction into U.S. waters has the...
- NORTHERN SNAKEHEADS IN NEW YORK! MacDonald, James // New York State Conservationist;Feb2014, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses the proliferation of northern snakehead fishes in New York. It discusses the discovery of snakeheads in a pond in Crofton, Maryland in 2002. It explains how the snakeheads arrived in the U.S., the typical characteristics of the snakeheads, and how the snakeheads are...
- NATIVE SNAKEHEADS. // Fly Fisherman;Mar2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p29
Reports that Ian Forbes of Duncan, British Columbia, caught this Great Snakehead while visiting Thailand.
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.
- DEC's Dichotomy. Edinger, Frances M. // Conservationist;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p50
Presents a letter regarding the role of Department of Environmental Conservation in New York.
- Being green and being profitable: Environmental regulation in New York. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p4
Editorial. Comments on the changes implemented by New York's Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Appointment of Michael Zagata as commissioner; Downsizing of the workforce; Total quality management approach; Focus on innovation to solve environmental problems; Development of...
- Scout's honor award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/06/97, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p1
Commends the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and The Nature Conservancy for their signing of an agreement to pay 1.8 million dollars for 147 acres of Nassau County Boy Scout-owned land in Wading River.
- State buys 2 Finger Lakes. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 156, pA9
The article reports that New York Department of Environmental Conservation has acquired two Finger Lakes that supply drinking water to Rochester.