Introducing the Frost Fish
- Lake Sturgeon. Taylor, Christopher J. // New York State Conservationist;Jun99, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p4
Presents information on the Department of Environmental Conservation's hatchery program for the lake sturgeon fish in the state of New York. Decrease in the number of lake sturgeon population; Brief description of the sturgeon; Optimism about the program.
- Bait Bait â€¦ Don't Tell Me! Longeretta, Emily // Syracuse New Times;6/22/2011, Issue 2098, p10
The article offers information on the New York Department of Environmental Conservation's seventh annual Free Fishing Weekend catch-and-release events in the Onondaga Lake, New York on June 25-26, 2011.
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2013, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p28
The article presents news briefs related to nature conservation in New York. The Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC) has released a warning advising anglers not to catch lake sturgeons because of their declining population in the Great Lakes, the Saint Lawrence River, Finger Lakes...
- A Partnership for Bass Management. Green, David M. // Conservationist;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the results of the New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's survey to keep track of bass populations in the state. Reasons for conducting the study; Procedure for measuring bass; Number of bass present in any given body of water; Relation of electrofishing catch rate with...
- Big Lakers on Seneca. Maguire, Thomas P. // Conservationist;May/Jun89, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p11
Discusses the success of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) management project for the Seneca Lake. Complaints of fishermen's on the condition of the lake; Monitoring efforts conducted by the DEC; Experimental lamprey treatment program; Causes of the decline of...
- TU/NYDEC BEAMOC PLAN. // Fly Fisherman;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p26
Discloses the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's plan to Trout Unlimited to develop a long-range wild-trout management plan for the Beaver Kill watershed.
- Have you caught a big fish lately? // Conservationist;Jun95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p38
Provides information on the state Department of Environmental Conservation's New York State Angler Achievement Awards Program. Program as a means of officially recognizing anglers for their fishing accomplishments; Award categories; Prizes; State freshwater fish records; Contact information. ...
- Deer management permits, hunting, fishing, trapping licenses will be available. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 215, pA2
The article reports on the availability of the 2010-2011 fishing, trapping and hunting licenses and Deer Management permits (DMPs) to be purchased starting August 16, 2010 at the license sales outlets of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- The Freshwater Fishes of New York. // Conservationist;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p45
Reports that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Bureau of Fisheries has introduced a series titled 'The Freshwater Fishes of New York' in 'The Conservationist.' Plan to feature a wide variety of fish families; Use of artwork from old biological surveys conducted from...