How DEC Summer Camp Shaped My Life
- DEC Summer Camper Recounts Experiences. Plante, David // New York State Conservationist;Apr2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the summer camps operated by the United States Department of Environmental Commission (DEC) in New York State. Addition to the environmental education camp program of DEC; Details on the summer camps of DEC; How the camping experience influenced the life of the attendees.
- Paddlefish. McKeown, Paul E.; Carlson, Doug; Colesante, Richard // New York State Conservationist;Feb2000, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p8
Deals with the efforts undertaken by fish biologists of the Department of Environmental Conservation in stocking paddlefish fingerlings at the Allegheny River in New York. Characteristics of the paddlefish; Migratory behavior of paddlefish; Places where the paddlefish continue to exist. INSET:...
- DEC won't open some campgrounds this summer. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 71, p2
The article announces that the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will not open some campgrounds in the summer of 2010 in Albany, New York.
- Camping + Family = Fun. Stegmann, Eileen C. // New York State Conservationist;Aug99, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on family camping at the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) campgrounds in New York. Facilities in the campgrounds; Conveniences provided by the DEC campgrounds; Outdoor recreational activities offered by the DEC campgrounds.
- Family Camping. Biddell, Ellen // New York State Conservationist;Jun2011, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) campgrounds located in the Adirondack and Catskill Forest Preserves. Options available to families at the campgrounds are described, including swimming beaches, hiking and nature trails, canoe trips, and...
- String of Memories--a week at a DEC education camp can change lives. Perry, Dannielle // New York State Conservationist;Feb2012, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p17
A personal narrative is presented which explores a 12-year-old's experience of joining a summer camp operated by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- Summer Youth Camp. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p29
The article reports on the opening of the registration for the 59th New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Environmental Education summer camp for youths.
- BEAR with us. Hyatt, Alex // New York State Conservationist;Oct2007, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on the challenge facing wildlife biologists in New York on how to educate the public about what to do when encountering a bear and how to avoid problem situations. The New York Department of Environmental Conservation produced a new DVD that provides tips on how to keep...
- WILDLIFE HEALTH CORNER: A Look at DEC's Wildlife Health Program. Schuler, Krysten // New York State Conservationist;Dec2013, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p24
The article discusses the Wildlife Health Program of the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation which started its wildlife disease investigation in the 1930s. It states that its aim is to identify and monitor wildlife diseases for a better informed wildlife decision and ensure healthy...