- Delaware affiliate enlists landowners in stream corridor protection program. // International Wildlife;
Reports on the Delaware Nature Society's partnership with landowners for the protection of streams in northern Delaware. Landowners' pledge regarding the protection of the streams and the area around them; Services provided by the society to landowners.
- The Mudpuppy (Necturus maculosus) in the Tidal Hudson River, with Comments on its Status as Native. Schmidt, Robert E.; Hunsinger, Todd W.; Coote, Tom; Griffin-Noyes, Emory; Kiviat, Erik // Northeastern Naturalist;2004, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p179
Recently collected specimens document the presence of the Mudpuppy at the mouths of tributaries draining into the tidal Hudson Rivet in Columbia and Greene Counties. NY. In this study, we summarize historic records of Mudpuppy from the Hudson River. Examination of these records, Mudpappy...
- IN SEARCH OF IDEAL FORM- RATIO OF TRIANGULAR CHANNEL. DAS, B. C. // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Geographia;Sep2014, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p77
Cross-sectional form of a natural channel is a two dimensional variable which is thoroughly studied by scholars from different fields on natural sciences like hydrology, geology, geomorphology, etc. Average river channels tend to develop their channel-cross sectional form in a way to produce an...
- DRIFTING INTO DARIEN: A Personal and Natural History of the Altamaha River. // Atlanta;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p30
The article reviews the book "Drifting Into Darien: A Personal and Natural History of the Altamaha River," by Janisse Ray.
- An early journey on the wild Missouri by a royal naturalist and a great painter inspired a year-long record of Plains Indian life, customs and combat // Smithsonian;Oct1976, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p58
Paintings done by Karl Bodmer while on an expedition in the American West, and botanical and ethnographic notes recorded by Alexander Philip Maximilian, 1833-34, give a good idea of the life and appearance of the American Indians during that time.
- The River. Schmidt, Brenda // Quill & Quire;Oct2015, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p39
No abstract available.
- Participatory scenario development for integrated assessment of nutrient flows in a Catalan river catchment. Caille, F.; Riera, J. L.; Rodríguez-Labajos, B.; Middelkoop, H.; Rosell-Melé, A. // Hydrology & Earth System Sciences Discussions;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1265
Rivers in developed regions are under significant stress due to nutrient enrichment generated mainly by human activities. Excess nitrogen and phosphorus emissions are the product of complex dynamic systems influenced by various factors such as demographic, socio-economic and technological...
- A River for the Living (Book Review). Nimmer, Ronald J. // LJ: Library Journal;5/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p999
Reviews the book 'A River for the Living,' by Jack Hope.
- Run, River, Run (Book Review). Walden, Monica L. // LJ: Library Journal;5/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p999
Reviews the book 'Run, River, Run: A Naturalist's Journey Down One of the Great Rivers of the West,' by Ann Zwinger.