Editor's Introduction: Poverty in Ukraine and the Economic Crisis
Tags: SOCIAL security
- 401(k)s eyed for `USA' accounts. // Employee Benefit News;Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the proposed Social Security fix proposed by United States (US) President Bill Clinton. Function of Universal Savings Accounts as a supplemental savings vehicle; Example used by the Clinton administration; Efforts to reign in administrative costs.
- We need to save Social Security. Davis, J. Morton // Hill;1/20/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p28
The author presents his view on the need to address the critical issues threatening the Social security in the U.S.
- Legal help for SSI problems. // Aging;1991, Issue 362, p47
Advises that attorneys who specialize in SSI and other Social Security law appeals and legal problems can be contacted through the National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives. Their charges; Address.
- SSI eligibility requirements for adults. // Aging;1992, Issue 363/364, p78
Presents a detailed breakdown of the eligibility requirements adults must meet to receive Social Security Income (SSI) and benefits. Limits on resources (Property and other assets a person owns); Income exclusions; Maximum federal payment (37 states add a supplemental amount); Who to call for...
- Publications and videos. // Aging;1993, Issue 365, p70
Mentions the `Request for Earnings and Benefit Estimate Statement,' a form to mail to Social Security in order to get an idea of what you Social Security benefits will be upon retirement.
- A glimpse into the boomers' retirement abyss. Reid, Scott // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/3/93, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p12
Speculates the demographic weight of the retiring baby-boom generation will place Canada's Pension Plan and Old Age Security system in a cash flow crisis so severe it may buckle under the burden. Study by Statistics Canada; Poorly designed, self-destructive social program; Structural inability...
- How CPP robs from the poor and gives to the rich. S.R. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/3/93, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p13
Examines the Canadian Pension Plan, created in 1966 with the goal of ensuring that all retirees would enjoy the lifestyle they had been accustomed to before turning 65. CPP currently one of Canada's leading causes of wealth inequity and poverty; Particular financial difficulties for elderly...
- The British solution. S.R. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/3/93, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p15
Tells how Britain, in 1978, overhauled its pay-as-you-go state pension plan by allowing working-age people to opt out of the scheme and contribute their money to privately run pension plans instead. Figures from John Goodman, who wrote a book on the British reforms; Contention of Peter Ferrara,...
- Putting social security to work. Bosworth, Barry // Brookings Review;Fall95, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the American Social Security system. Suggestions for reforms; Includes reduction of future benefits or increasing tax rates; Unacceptability of both options to most Americans; Effect of demographic factors and retirement patterns on Social security planning; Effect of savings on...