Initiative Sponsor to File for Stay of Action
- Constitutional election in fall. HOLDER, CASEY // Graham Leader;8/26/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p1A
No abstract available.
- COMMITTEE ON SALES, EXCHANGES AND BASIS. // Tax Lawyer;Summer79, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p1337
Focuses on the legislative changes in the Committee on Sales, Exchanges and Basis in the United States. Provision of second sale of a residence within in an 18-month period; Effectivity date of the carryover basis provisions; Deduction for capital gains from gross income.
- Minnesota Considers Sales Tax Amendment. // Construction Bulletin;5/12/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 19, p6
The article reports that a Minnesota state constitutional amendment proposes the allocation of the sales taxes collected from motor vehicle sales, to road construction and transit. Presently, approximately 54% of the revenue generated from this tax is put into the transportation fund.
- Is the Sales Tax a Sound Method of Raising Federal Revenue? CON. // Congressional Digest;May32, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p145
The article presents information on sales tax plans in the U.S. Sales tax is a sound method of raising federal revenue. This proposed sales tax will put $600000000 on the people of this country, and it is only an entering wedge Some time in the future, there will be some sort of an industrial...
- Opinia prawna w sprawie zgodnosci z przepisami Konstytucji RP proponowanego podatku obrotowego (lub innego podatku dopuszczonego przez polski system prawny) obciazajacego sklepy wielkopowierzchniowe. Dzwonkowski, Henryk // Zeszyty Prawnicze;2012, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p169
Article 1, Article 2 and Article 84 of the Constitution of the Republic of Poland state that there is no obstacle to the placing of sales tax charged only to certain categories of taxpayers, as long as its main objectives will be sufficiently justified by the protection of particular...
- IOWA. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;3/1/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
This section offers news briefs on taxation in Iowa. A bill has been introduced by the state House of Representatives urging congressmen to join as cosponsors of the federal Sales Tax Fairness and Simplification Act. A joint resolution has been passed by the General Assembly proposing an...
- Mich. Voters Reject Amendment To Retool Tax System. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;6/9/1993, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p21
The article reports on the disapproval by the Michigan voters to the constitutional amendment to retool tax system by reducing school's reliance in local property taxes. The initiative would have mandated property tax relief and limited local assessment growth while raising revenue by sales tax...
- States Vote Highways. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;11/29/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 48, p12
Reports that Missouri voters agreed to a constitutional amendment requiring that road-related taxes and fees be used only for transportation. Success of the initiative of a coalition of road construction and business interests against underfund opposition that wanted to keep some of the...
- editor's report. Semerad, Dave; Worke, Tim; Donahoe, Margaret // Construction Bulletin;10/6/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 40, p4
The article focuses on the significance of the Transportation Amendment to the state constitution in Minnesota. The Legislature had committed in 1981 to spend the sales tax revenue on transportation but only 54 percent of the revenue is used for transportation. A majority of all people voting is...