FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p35
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of July 2002. Estimation of the certificates sold by the Sacramento City Unified School District; Proposal of tax increase; Approval of the general obligation bond measure.
- Survey finds strong public support for more technology in schools. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;07/09/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p8
Presents the survey results conducted among American voters indicating that voters would support a federal tax increase if it were earmarked for computers and other technology for schools in the United States. Advantages of technological schools over other schools; Using tobacco, corporate and...
- Stealing From Kids. Weissman, Robert // Multinational Monitor;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1/2, p9
Provides information on a report from the National Education Association which analyzed the impact of property tax abatements and tax increment financing on school funding in the U.S. Percentage of local property taxes constituting local education funding; Factors that make it impossible to...
- Colorado Rejects Tax Hike. Saunders, Sarah // Human Events;11/7/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 38, p6
The article reports that proposition 103 which proposes a temporary increase in individual and corporate tax rates and sales tax until 2016 for the state's education funding has been rejected by voters in Colorado.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p35
Reports the legislative status of bonds in the U.S. Approval of the income tax rate; Issuance of governmental purpose bonds to finance construction of public schools; Provision for the tax-exempt bonds.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p37
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2002. Sales generated from lottery; Approval of million dollar package for tax increase; Affirmation of Fitch Ratings on the revenue bonds of New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
- Clinton's pipe dream. Bergsman, Steve; Baker, Marci // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p8
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's proposed changes to the tax laws in order to stop companies from deducting interest on bonds with a maturity of over 40 years. Plans to raise $28 billion from corporations; Treasury Department's offer of transitional relief to some issues already in the...
- Senate GOP Bill Wouldn't Extend BABs. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Senate Republicans' proposed alternative bill which will extend the expiring tax-law provisions excluding the Build America Bonds (BABs).
- Delays Risk Muni Extenders. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33339, p1
The article reports on the delays of the proposed primary bond provisions extensions due to revisions of tax legislation in the U.S.