Bankruptcy Bills Face An Uncertain Future
- Bankruptcy Bill Dies Again In Congress; Trades Mull Strategy. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the abolition of the bankruptcy reform bill by the U.S. Congress. Refusal of the Senate to consider the bill; Abuse concerning the consumer bankruptcy system; Goal of the bill.
- Amendment Still Holding Up Bankruptcy Reform. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p12
Reports on the proposed abortion protestor provision in the U.S. Prohibition of the abortion clinic protestors from shielding the assets during bankruptcy proceedings; Importance of the abortion issue; Debate between the Democrats and Republican.
- Bankruptcy discharge. // Accountancy;Jun76, Vol. 87 Issue 994, p10
Focuses on the introduction of the amendments to the Insolvency bill.
- Reform will offer less time to settle debt. Battersby, Mark E. // Urology Times;Sep2001, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the reform of the bankruptcy laws for medical practitioners in the United States. Criticisms of the bill; Content of the bankruptcy law; Intention to prevent companies from languishing in bankruptcy court.
- Washington Report. Goch, David // Commercial Law Bulletin;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the failure of the Senate to pass the cloture motion designed to close the debate on the Bankruptcy Reform Bill in the United States. Provisions of the Financial Services Act of 1999; Proposal of a regulation by the Internal Revenue Services; Ethical concerns on the proposed regulation.
- Senate Budges on Bankruptcy Reform Bill. Heller, Michele // American Banker;7/13/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 134, p20
Reports developments concerning the legislation of the bankruptcy reform bill in the U.S. Debate over the legislative proceeding; Difficulty to create a conference committee within the Senate; Resistance of Senator Paul Wellstone for the passage of the legislation.
- Collection of Reasons Not to Count on Reform Bill. Lee, W.A. // American Banker;3/19/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 53, p17
Focuses on the efficacy of bankruptcy reform legislations in the U.S. Doubts about the benefits of the legislations to creditors; Examination of the macroeconomic effect of keeping distressed debtors under obligation; Concerns about using computer-generated voices to verify transactions.
- Bankruptcy Bill to Senate. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/13/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 71, p23
Reports on the United States House of Representatives' passage of compromise bankruptcy reform legislation on October 12, 2000. Provisions of the bill; Prospects for the bill's passage in the Senate; Threat of a veto by U.S. President Bill Clinton.
- DEVELOPMENTS IN COMMERCIAL BANKRUPTCY LAW. Nachman, Norman H. // Business Lawyer;Jul69, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1369
Focuses on the developments in commercial bankruptcy law in Chicago, Illinois. Introduction of bills imposing amendments to the Bankruptcy Act; Establishment of commission to study changes to the Bankruptcy Act; Identification of some important bankruptcy decisions.