IRS Nears Launch of Tax-Exempt Advisory Committee
- IRS SELECTS NEW MEMBERS FOR ADVISORY COUNCIL. // Accounting Today;3/19/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p31
The article announces the selection of 16 new members for the advisory council of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Advisory Council Makes Recommendations to IRS. // California CPA;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p10
This article discusses the release by U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Advisory Council of its 2015 annual report to the IRS Commissioner and mentions the report's recommendations on IRS funding, identity authentication of the Form 1040 series, and International Information Return Penalties.
- Examination. Coustan, Harvey // Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
The article examines the recommendations to the commissioner from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Advisory Council (IRSAC) included in its 2008 annual report. The report suggests continuing the policy of the IRS on requesting accrual workpapers. Under the Announcement 2002-63, taxpayers...
- IRS Commissioner Congratulates IRSAC Members. // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p14
The article reports that Tax Executives Institute (TEI) members Thomas Wharton and J. A. Glennie have completed the three-year terms on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC). The council is a group of private sector professionals who review IRS programs and initiatives and...
- IRS Watch. Dolan, Michael P. // Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p11
The article offers information on the recommendations of the Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC) for tax professionals regarding tax administration issues. Several proposals of IRSAC include permission for a taxpayer in revising appraisal, announcement that IRS is recognizing...
- IRS advisory, report spotlights communication, economic downturn. RUSSELL, ROGER // Accounting Today;1/5/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on the 2008 report of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC) which offers a number of recommendations on a wide variety of issues affecting tax administration. It states that the recommendations center on communication, relief and assistance due to the...
- Two TEI Members Appointed to IRS Advisory Council. // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p14
Announces the appointment of Tax Executives Institute Inc. members to the Advisory Council of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRSAC) in January 2004. J.A. Glennie; Thomas P. Wharton; Background on IRSAC.
- The Ph.D. pipeline. Kazi-Ferrouillet, K. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p126
Features the Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC) Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP). Major components of SROP; John Wallace's research presentation; SROP Sponsors; Contact information; CIC member institutions.
- La Vena Norris. Duncan, Laura // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR22
Highlights the Minority Business Opportunity Committee (MBOC) which consists of a committee of the Chicago Federal Executive Board with La Vena Norris as executive director. Intentions of federal community in relation to business development; Reason for implementation of program; What MBOC...