Yield Burning Settlement Part of Record Fraud Payments to Justice
- Investment Losses and the role of the Forensic Accountant. Brown, Andrew // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2011, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the role of the forensic accountants during times when investment asset classes have suffered serious losses. It examines the forensic accounting issues in a number of cases involving disgruntled investors against investment promoters and advisers. It adds that losses have...
- Hire a CA, police say. // CA Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p16
Reports on Toronto, Ontario police's vote of confidence on forensic chartered accountants (CA). Surge in number of fraud complaints; Advice to complainants to hire an independent forensic CA to speed up investigations; Police officers' lack of skill to probe frauds in cases; Canadian firms'...
- Sleuthing by numbers. // CA Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 130 Issue 8, p15
Offers advice to forensic accountants in Canada. Comments from Roddy Allan, a principal at the firm Lindquist Avey Macdonald Baskerville Incorporated; Definition of a forensic accountant; How to increase changes of being hired as a forensic accountant.
- On or off book fraud. Hunt, Stefan // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Nov97, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p22
Talks about the growth of the forensic accounting market in Great Britain. Detection and investigation of fraud through forensic accounting; Discipline of forensic accounting; Types of fraud; Size of the problem.
- Forensic accounting a growing field. // CMA Magazine;Oct91, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the growth of the field of forensic accounting in Canada. Comments from Max Messmer, the chairman and chief executive officer of Robert Half International Inc.; Factors contributing to the growing demand for forensic accountants.
- Forensic accounting. Inkster, Norman // CMA Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the role of forensic accountants in the corporate culture. Questioning of white-collar criminals; Difficulty in spotting computer fraud; Money laundering.
- Tower Hamlets slammed over ...1m market mistakes. // Public Finance;03/29/96, p2
Reports on the accusations on the officers at Tower Hamlets LBC by the district auditor regarding their failure to tackle a fraud and corruption scandal. Why the council's account should be rectified; Council's street trading account deficits.
- Forensic accounting. Donohoe, Derek // Accountancy Ireland;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
Examines the litigation support role played by the forensic accountant as a part of the legal team. Two main areas which forensic accounting is divided; Nature of the work; Discussion on the suitability of chartered accountant in fulfilling litigation support role; Case histories on forensic...
- Forensic accountants take the bore out of number crunching. Smith, Pedro // Caribbean Business;4/10/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p7
Examines the responsibilities of forensic accountants in Puerto Rico. Litigation support and forensic accounting services of Campos & Stratis; Investigation efforts of real value behind insurance claims.