NEWS IN BRIEF
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, September 4. // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p2
Presents details of economic condition of the U.S. on September 4, 2003. Actual jobless claims observed in the U.S. on August 30, 2003; Percentage increase in productivity in the second quarter of 2003; Information on the decline in unit labor costs in the second quarter of 2003; Revelation...
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul2002, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p61
Presents statistics on the U.S. labor market, as of July 2002. Sources of information; Comparative indicators; Employment and unemployment data; Industrial productivity measures; International comparisons.
- Jobless rise seen suggesting more dramatic slowdown in growth than had been expected. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;12/23/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 244, p25
Reports on economic indicator figures released in December 1996. Unemployment; Industrial production; Housing starts; Mortgage applications.
- the Economy. // Labor Law Journal;Apr63, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p290
The article presents figures and prevalent scenario in various areas of economy, released by the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics as on March 27, 1963. These branches are mainly cost of living, industrial production, manufacturing hours, manufacturing wages and unemployment....
- By the numbers. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/13/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p29
Reports on the economy of the United States as of March 2000. Increase in the nation's unemployment rate; Control of wage pressures; Jobless rates for men and women; Revision in worker productivity.
- Jobs tumble, manufacturing slowing down. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;9/21/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p15
Reports on the economic condition of the United States for August 2000. Unemployment rate; Industrial production; Private sector payrolls.
- Cheerleaders vs. the Grumps. Samuelson, Robert J. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);08/02/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 134 Issue 5, p45
Considers the summer 1999 debate about the strength of and outlook for the United States economy. Significance and interpretation of industrial productivity; Evidence of a rise in productivity; The so-called new economy; Technology and productivity; Skeptical views of the outlook.
- Jan. Chicago Fed Index Drops 2.3% to 102.1. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/20/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32590, p2
The article reports on the decline of the Chicago Fed Midwest manufacturing index in January 2007. The index decreased 2.3 percent to a seasonally adjusted level of 102.1. The article also reports on the decline of the Federal Reserve Board's industrial production index for manufacturing to 0.8...
- MARKET NEWS: IN BRIEF. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/19/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 43, p10
The article offers news briefs related to the economy in the U.S. such as the 0.5% composite index growth in October 2010 of leading economic indicators, the rise of initial jobless claims by 2,000 to 439,000 for the week ending November 13, 2010, and the improvement showed by the general...