Atlantic City Seeks Refunding to Ease Near-Term Stress
- If politicians take on God-like role, we become mere serfs. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/19/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p30
Comments on the implication of tax cuts for national debt in the United States. Word used to refer to the safeguarding of the federal surplus; Issue ignored by the argument that the rich benefit the tax cuts; Consequences of letting politicians decide the spending of the taxpayers' money.
- Just half-right. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/1/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p8
The article offers comments regarding the $168 billion stimulus bill and its reliance on tax rebates. It states that it was doubted earlier that the bill would add substantially to the federal deficit. It argues that as was expected, the deficit surged but there was no kick from the rebates. It...
- An Empirical Investigation of Tax Discounting. Tanner, J. Ernest // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);May79, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p214
The article presents a re-evaluation of the empirical calculation of government debt as net wealth. The report "An Empirical Test of the Extent of Tax Discounting," by Jess B. Yawitz and Lawrence H. Meyer from the May 1976 issue, is particularly cited and analyzed. Common models of aggregating...
- Lawmakers and White House strike tax rebate deal. // Accounting Today;2/25/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p8
The article focuses on the tax rebate deal agreed upon by the U.S. government and the Congress. The plan, which is expected to be signed by President George W. Bush after the February 15, 2008 deadline, will pay rebates to taxpayers between $600-$1200 and a gradual phase out for individuals...
- It's not too late to ease the pain. Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;11/11/96, Vol. 73 Issue 21, p94
Focuses on year-end tax breaks. Long-term losses; Deciding which stocks to sell; Year-end dividends of funds; Application of capital gains rule on sale of stake in a passive investment; First-year expensing; Car write-offs.
- Oyster Bay receives energy rebate. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/24/97, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p31
Reports on the tax rebates received by the Town of Oyster Bay, Long Island, New York from the Long Island Lighting Co. for Phases I, II and III of its lighting conversion program at all town facilities. Worth of the rebates; Other rebates from the State Energy Office.
- The ins and outs of FST rebates. Brown, Joe // CMA Magazine;Feb91, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the process of filing for a Federal Sales Tax inventory rebate claim in Canada. One of the first items of interest to many Canadian businesses; Definition of tax-paid goods; Perpetual inventory system; Retail inventory method.
- Malakoff sees positive sales tax rebate. // Malakoff News (TX);5/14/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 20, p8A
The article reports that the sales tax rebate of the City of Malakoff, Texas has increased more than 22 percent from 30, 000 to 37, 000 U.S. dollars.
- Bedford unveils tax rebate program. Haynes, Bob // Business Press;2/24/95, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p1
Reports that through the Sales Tax Rebate Incentive program, Bedford plans to offer rebates to business. Approval sought from Bedford city council. How will businesses be eligible for the program; What qualified companies will receive; Date of sales tax increase.