California Court Ruling May Tip Scales of School Issuance
- successful grant-writing strategies. Zant, Susan Van // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p16
Discusses the strategies for securing grant funding for schools in California. Introduction and project description; Statement of need; Goals and objectives; Activities to support objectives; Writing a strong evaluation; Summative evaluation; Formative evaluation; Proposed budget.
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES--A STARTING PLACE. // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p17
Presents a number of Web sites which provide information on funding opportunities for schools in California. California Department of Education; Association of American University Women; Christensen Fund; DeWitt Wallace-Reader's Digest Fund; Jordan Fundamentals Grant Program; National...
- State and local budget writers brace for worst. Johnston, Robert C.; Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;2/14/96, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the expected impact of federal funding on state and local school budgets in the United States. Spending budget disagreements between President Bill Clinton and Congress; Anticipation for cuts in impact aid; Budget reduction projections; Funding delays; Budget planning strategies.
- After Budget Veto, Michigan Schools Brace for Cutbacks. Keller, Bess // Education Week;10/10/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p21
Reports school aid budget cutbacks in Michigan. Reason behind the veto of Governor Engler to K-12 funding for the year 2002 to 2003; Impact of the veto on basic per-pupil aid to district; Provisions of the budget bill.
- Frugal budget has IU fretting. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p1
Reports the budget allotted for science and technology development of Indiana University (IU) in Bloomington, Indiana. Comments of Sen. Lawrence Borst regarding the budget allocation; Efforts made by the IU officials on the budget approval; Relevance of the economic condition of Indiana on the...
- Budget woes a perfect bipartisan opportunity. // Crain's Detroit Business;1/20/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the proposal of Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm of making reductions in education spending. Other possible options for reducing the state spending; Expectation of leadership from political leaders.
- Grants available to area teachers. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p17
The Community Foundation of Dutchess County, New York's 2004 Partnership in Education Grants Program provides funding for projects developed by creative classroom teachers working in Dutchess County in grades Pre-K through 12 in New York certified schools--private, public and parochial. The...
- The Public Should Pay for Public Education. Bolmeier, E. C. // Education Digest;Jan1950, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p16
The article maintains that public schools in the United States should be wholly and adequately supported by public funds. The author expresses alarm over a growing tendency to shift the cost of public education directly to the students or to non-educational humanitarian organizations. Examples...
- Finance Experts Debate Effects Of Reform Efforts on Funding. Euchner, Charlie // Education Week;3/28/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p6
The article focuses on issues concerning school reforms, support and education financing. Education-finance issue experts agreed that the recent school-reform does not directly address the issues about the unequal distribution of education resources. Finance reform advocates argue that the...