State Governments Top Bond Requests
- Fiscal '08 Budget Drafts Feature Bonds for Schools, AMT Relief. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32593, p5
The article reports on the House's budget proposal that features $22 billion tax-credit bond program for school construction and improvement in Washington. The measure, which was introduced by Representative Bob Etheridge, reflects past proposals from House Ways and Means Committee chairman...
- Missouri Eyes $1B for Higher Ed. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/7/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32461, p1
The article reports that the board of directors of the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority will vote in considering a plan to spend a part of its assets for education purposes in exchange for authoritization to release $1.1 billion of bonds over 10 years and other benefits. The author cited...
- Moody's, S&P Eye Kentucky. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p1
Reports the downgrading of the rating of Kentucky for its appropriation-backed debt. Notice received by the state; Failure to enact a binary budget on outstanding lease-backed bonds; Effect of downgrading on the lease appropriation-backed debt of the state.
- Iowa County Board Gives Sale Go-Ahead, Avoids Ballot Box. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31199, p4
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds for financing an arena and convention center in Des Moines, Iowa. Details on the petition drive for a referendum; Anticipation on the use of gaming revenues from a country-owned casino for debt repayment; Accounts on the awarding of state by Iowa...
- Delaware Governor Announces Cuts to Plug $95 Million Hole. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31489, p4
Reports the announcement of Governor Ruth Ann Minner on the first round budget cuts for the fiscal year in Delaware. Release of reduced revenue forecast; Implementation of budget resolution to formulate spending plan; Refunding of the outstanding bonds.
- Florida House Passes Budget Minus Debt Service for New Bond Programs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/21/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32861, p36
The article reports on the budget submitted by the Florida House of Representatives for 2009. It states that the government has allocated a total of $65.1 billion of bonds made available for education as well as conservation and restoration projects. It reveals that legislators agreed to...
- Missouri Hits Market With Rare Deal, Looks Ahead to Tobacco Securitization. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31402, p4
Reports the state revenue bonds of Missouri. Return of the tobacco securitization before the end of year; Inclusion of the securitization in the budget for the fiscal year of 2003; Establishment of the Tobacco Settlement Financing Authority in order to issue the debt secured.
- Senate Committee Passes $560M Spending Plan, Authorizes $400M of GOs for D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee's approval of the fiscal 2005 spending bill for Washington, D.C., which authorizes the city to sell general obligation bonds. House version of the measure; Funding of programs under the bill.
- Miami-Dade Wants $300M Deal Quickly, to Ease Economic Slump. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31238, p3
Reports the economic recession in Miami and Dade County in Florida. Estimate of the funds needed for economic recovery; Proposition of capital program and bond auction strategies; Identification of the sectors affected.