Preparing for the Phaseout
- Record numbers of Americans say global warming is exaggerated. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;May2009, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the survey which shows that 41 percent of the American population stated that global warming research is overstated in the U.S. The survey also shows that 68 percent of respondents believe the major effect of global warming to the public. The survey also explores the...
- Carbon footprintingâ€”opportunities and threats. Finkbeiner, Matthias // International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment;Mar2009, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p91
The author reflects on the opportunities and threats of carbon footprinting (CFP). He emphasizes that CFP, which was also known as global warming potential (GWP), is the result of the life cycle impact category indicator, has to face life-threatening trade-offs if implemented. He asserts that...
- Global Environmental Concepts. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // Kosovo Country Review;2013, p199
The article provides an overview of the global environmental concepts that affect the quality of life forms and ecosystems in the planet. It details the environmental impact based on the relationship of global warming and greenhouse gases, air pollution and climate change, and ozone depletion...
- The importance of the European ecological education within the globalization of the educational systems. RUSU-ZAGAR, Gilda; IORGA, Andrei; IORGA, Octavian; RUSU-ZAGAR, Cătălin; MOCANU, Mihaela // Quality - Access to Success;May2013 Supplement 2, Vol. 14, p202
Globalization is a complex process that takes place worldwide and redefines the structure of the world, as well as a phenomenon that has three main causes as far as its environmental impact is concerned: technology, politics and economy. Consequently, globalization in recent decades has caused...
- Life Cycle Assessment of Wood Floor Coverings. Nebel, Barbara; Zimmer, Bernhard; Wegener, Gerd // International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment;May2006, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p172
Goal, Scope and Background. The goal of the study is a life cycle assessment according to ISO 14040â€“14043 for wood floor coverings (solid parquet, multilayer parquet, solid floor board and wood blocks). The representative study covers approximately 70% of all wood flooring production in...
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Laos Country Review;2011, p178
The article offers information on the condition of the environment in the world stating the impact of environmental degradation to aesthetics of human life, the association of rapid resource depletion rates with high population growth and poverty and potential of advanced industrialized...
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Ethiopia Country Review;2010, p115
The article offers information on the global environmental condition focusing on the current environmental challenges such as the effects of environmental degradation, resource delpetion, and industrialization.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Solomon Islands Country Review;2009, p104
The article offers information on the global environmental issues and challenges including environmental degradation, rapid rates of resource depletion, and environmental pollution due to urbanization.
- GLOBAL WARMING. Moser, Dave // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Feb2012, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Global Warming: A Lot of Hot Air?," by Michael Weil in the November 2011 issue.