Large Fans Increase Thermal Comfort, Reduce Energy Costs for University
- Fans. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p138
The article lists the estimated costs for economy ceiling and exhaust fans which includes vertical discharge bath fans, ceiling or wall bath exhaust fans, and thru-the-wall utility fan.
- Fans, Ceiling. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p141
The article lists the estimated costs for ceiling fans which includes decorative, optional lighting fixtures, and schoolhouse or round globe.
- Distribution center stays cool without AC. // Energy User News;Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the installation of 20-feet-diameter ceiling fans from HVLS Fan Co. to cool the distribution center of Escada in New Jersey. Movement of air through the aisles of the center by vertically mounted fans in the two-tierred mezzanine; Negative impact of uncomfortable working conditions...
- Q & A. // Journal of Light Construction;Sep2013, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p13
The article presents questions and answers related to house furnishing including how to replace a ceiling fan with regular tight fixture, preservative treatment used in laminated veneer lumber (LVL) and reason behind the bad odor from heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
- Ceiling Fans. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p152
Reports on the availability and features of ceiling fans as of December 1998 and provides suggestions on how to select one.
- Ratings: Ceiling fans. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p183
Evaluates several ceiling fans and rate them according to their overall performance.
- Fan is a must-have for effective A/C. Deines, Jeff // Wilson County News;9/9/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p11D
The article offers information on how to fix a blower fan on the heating and ventilation system in a car or truck.
- Fan coils rise to tough market challenge. Fitzpatrick, David // Heating & Ventilating Review;Jul2011, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p18
This article discusses the growing market position of fan foils in the heating and ventilating sector in Great Britain. It recognizes fan foils for obtaining significant market share compared with chilled beams. It attributes the trend to the advantages of using fan foils, including the need for...
- acÂ·celÂ·erÂ·aÂ·tion. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p2
A definition of the term "acceleration" is presented. It refers to the rate of change of the speed or direction of a moving body with respect to time. INSET: acceleration.