New Las Vegas Casino Plays It Safe in Constructing Central Boiler Plant
- Fabrication of 5-7 nm wide etched lines in silicon using 100 keV electron-beam lithography and.... Wei Chen; Ahmed, Haroon // Applied Physics Letters;3/29/1993, Vol. 62 Issue 13, p1499
Demonstrates the fabrication of wide etched lines in Si using electron-beam lithography and polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) resist. Mechanisms in determining the development of linewidth in resist; Importance of intermolecular force in determining PMMA properties; Elimination of resist swelling...
- Rapid prototyping. Berard, M.F. // Ceramic Industry;Dec97, Vol. 147 Issue 13, p78
Discusses some rapid prototyping (RP) and solid free-form fabrication (SFF) tools of manufacturing organizations. Technological advances in RP; Discussion of stereolithography; Use of ultraviolet light exposure for prototyping.
- THE FABRICATION SHOP. Murphy, Patrick // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/28/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 9, p24
Presents a questionnaire on fabrication shop.
- Managinng Moisture: Will Your Fabric Keep You Comfortable? Wyman, Diana A. // Colourage;Sep2008 Supplement, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including one about the use of fabric test to determine the amount of liquid absorbed, and another one about the method for measuring the wicking rate of a fabric.
- Single-electron transistor based on a silicon-on-insulator quantum wire fabricated by a side-wall patterning method. Kim, D. H.; Sung, S.-K.; Sim, J. S.; Kim, K. R.; Lee, J. D.; Park, B.-G.; Choi, B. H.; Hwang, S. W.; Ahn, D. // Applied Physics Letters;12/3/2001, Vol. 79 Issue 23, p3812
We propose and implement a promising fabrication technology for geometrically well-defined single-electron transistors based on a silicon-on-insulator quantum wire and side-wall depletion gates. The 30-nm-wide silicon quantum wire is defined by a combination of conventional photolithography and...
- GEL TAPE CASTING ceramic sheets. Zhipeng Xie; Chunlei Ma; Yong Huang; Junhui Xiang // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Oct2002, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p33
Examines the tape casting technique used for fabrication of ceramic-based substrates structures. Materials and procedures of tape-casting; Details about the gel-tape-casting mechanism; Effects of dispersant in the system.
- Free-Standing Single-Wall Carbon Nanotube Thin Films. Hennrich, Frank; Lebedkin, Sergei; Malik, Sharali; Kappes, Manfred M. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 633 Issue 1, p619
A method for the reliable fabrication of less than 200 nm thick, free-standing asprepared, purified, acid-cut and octadecylamine (ODA) functionalized SWNTs films having large surface areas exceeding several cm[SUP2] is described. Films were characterized using a variety of optical, microscopic...
- On Tap: A New Cleaning Regimen. Munson, Terry // PC FAB;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p41
No abstract available.
- Single-step fabrication of strongly confining quasiphase-matching waveguides in LiTaO3. Zhao, Cangsang; Engelmann, Reinhart // Applied Physics Letters;12/9/1996, Vol. 69 Issue 24, p3623
Strongly confining waveguides were fabricated in LiTaO3 at high temperature (540â€“610 Â°C) by short-time (â‰¤6 s) rapid thermal annealing. Single-step photolithography is able to accomplish the simultaneous fabrication of a waveguide and a periodically domain-inverted structure for...