THE LIFE AND TIMES OF NELSON MANDELA
- Nelson Mandela: Father of Freedom. // Scholastic Scope (Teacher's Edition);2/21/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 13, pT-2
Suggests discussion questions for students, to understand the character of former South African president Nelson Mandela. Contents of the journal's play on Nelson Mandela; Prereading strategies; Extensions of the discussion.
- NELSON MANDELA: THE NEW SOUTH AFRICA'S 'FOUNDING FATHER.'. // New York Times Upfront;3/1/2010, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p13
The article features Nelson Mandela, the first democratically elected President of South Africa.
- South African President Nelson Mandela filing for divorce. // Jet;9/4/95, Vol. 88 Issue 17, p4
Reports on South African President Nelson Mandela's divorce from his estranged wife Winnie, ending their 37 years of marriage. Legal separation of couple in April 1992; Prison term for Mandela that ended in release in 1990; Termination of wife from government position.
- Mandela and the Kingdom Come. Jordan, June // Progressive;Apr90, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p12
Comments on the popularity and life story of African president, Nelson Mandela. Reputation; Political views and ideologies; Influences on politics and society.
- South Africa's New Constitution. R.A.K. // Faces (07491387);Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p13
Reports the approval of South Africa president Nelson Mandela to new constitution into law on December 10, 1996 in Sharpeville town. Reason for choosing the location; Influence of history in the new constitution; Overview of Bill of Rights in the constitution; Functions of constitution.
- Winnie Mandela. // U.S. News & World Report;4/10/95, Vol. 118 Issue 14, p20
Focuses on Winnie Mandela, the estranged wife of South African President Nelson Mandela. Criticism of her husband from whom she separated in 1992; Embarrassment which she has caused him; Her alleged involvement in a kickback scheme; His decision to remove her from his cabinet post.
- Madiba, man of peace. Simonsen, Richard J. // Quintessence International;Apr1996, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p225
The article presents the author's opinion about South Africa's president Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela in relation to his role in bringing about development in Africa. He says that he is optimistic about the future of that country because on his recent visit he has noticed that Africans are working...
- The Long Walk Home. Hawthorne, Peter // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/30/99, Issue 35, p33
Offers information on the homeland and retirement destination of former South African President Nelson Mandela. Description and conditions of Qunu; Biographical details of Mandela; Comments taken from his autobiography `Long Walk to Freedom.'
- S. Africa, on Mandela's words, soars above this age's clamor. // National Catholic Reporter;5/20/94, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p2
Presents the inauguration speech by Nelson Mandela as new president of the new South Africa. Hopes for reconciliation and democracy in South Africa.