THE LIFE AND TIMES OF NELSON MANDELA
- Mandela's legacy offers hope and possibility. Babu, Santhosh // Asian Pacific Post;12/12/2013, p14
The author describes former South African President Nelson Mandela as a transformational leader.
- New freedom new choices. // Essence (Essence);Oct97, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p128
Provides information on Nelson Mandela, the elected president of South Africa. Description on the Reconstruction and Development Program, a governmental policy statement published in 1994; Sample of the residual effects of apartheid; Information on Mandela's cabinet members.
- 10 May 1994 a day to remember. // Lantern;Aug94, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p62
Recounts the biggest gathering of Heads-of-State on May 10, 1994 in Botha, South Africa, televised and witnessed by billions of people, for the swearing in of Nestor Mandela as the President of the nation and Mbeki and deKlerk as deputies. Government officials who grazed the event; Highlights...
- Our community's 'ambassadors' are saluted abroad. Feddoes, Sadie // New York Amsterdam News;7/31/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 31, p9
Many people are back from Johannesburg, South Africa, after having attended the 85th birthday celebration of former President Nelson Mandela, the Nobel Peace Prize laureate who in 1994 became president of South Africa after winning the nation's first all-race election, after the fall of...
- MANDELA, `THE RESPECTED ONE,' PAVES THE WAY TO THE FUTURE. Dhudlu, John // New Crisis (15591603);Jul98, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p33
Provides information on the leadership of South African President Nelson Mandela and describes his sacrifices for the common good of his people. His views on democracy; Significance of his inauguration to the country's industrialists; Reduction of violence in Natal under his leadership.
- Nelson Mandela's Powerful Message of Forgiveness. ROY, SANDIP // India -- West;12/20/2013, Vol. 39 Issue 5, pA8
An obituary for Nelson Mandela, former South African President, is presented.
- When I Was a Kid. Shepherdson, Nancy // National Geographic World;Nov99, Issue 291, p30
Traces the childhood experience of Nelson Mandela, president of South Africa. His African name and its meaning; Personal background; His life after his father died. INSET: When Nelson grew up....
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MADIBA. Monroe, Sylvester // Ebony;Aug2008, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p118
Photographs of Nelson Mandela is presented including one on his presidential campaign in 1994, on the eve of his presidential victory, and after his release from prison on February 11, 1990.
- Unprecedented social media outpouring at Mandela's passing. // Michigan Citizen;12/22/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 7, pA2
The article reports that an unprecedented social media poured at the passing of former South African President Nelson Mandela.
- THE GREAT LIBERATOR. // Crisis (15591573);Winter2014, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p10
An obituary for former South African president Nelson Mandela is presented.