DEALING WITH A BULLY
- Bullying and harassment in medical schools. Wood, Diana F. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/30/2006, Vol. 333 Issue 7570, p664
The author presents her perspectives on the problem of bullying in medical schools, responding to a report published within the issue titled "Experiences of Belittlement and Harassment and Their Correlates Among Medical Students in the United States: A Longitudinal Study," by Erica Frank and...
- Experiences of belittlement and harassment and their correlates among medical students in the United States: longitudinal survey. Frank, Erica; Carrera, Jennifer S.; Stratton, Terry; Bickel, Janet; Nora, Lois Margaret // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/30/2006, Vol. 333 Issue 7570, p682
Objective To determine medical students' perceptions of having been harassed or belittled and their correlates, for the purposes of reducing such abuses. Design Longitudinal survey. Setting 16 nationally representative US medical schools. Participants 2884 students from class of 2003. Main...
- How your school can prevent bullying. // Curriculum Review;Feb97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p5
Presents an interview with the executive director of the National School Safety Center, Ronald D. Stephens, on bullying in schools in the United States. Use of a bullying prevention program; How schools can assess the extent of the problem; Use of high-technology solutions, to curb the problem;...
- The Legal Duty to Protect Gay and Lesbian Students from Violence in School. McFarland, William P. // Professional School Counseling;Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p171
Focuses on United States schools' legal duty to protect gay and lesbian students from violence in school. Violence against gay and lesbian students; Connection between homophobia, heterosexism and violence; Legal responsibility of schools to protect gay youth from harassment and abuse;...
- Strategies for dealing with bullies. // Curriculum Review;Dec2001, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p11
Presents strategies in dealing with bullies in Salt Lake City. Students as victims of bullying; Effects of bullying on violence; Reduction of amount of bullying inside the classroom.
- RESEARCH: Tormentors. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;1/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p24
Focuses on research that explores the apparent link between bullying and school violence in the schools of the United States. Reasons for attention given to bullying in the schools; Facts regarding the bullies; Views of the people in the country on bullying; Difference between the bully victims...
- CAIR Survey: Almost Half Of Calif. Muslim Students Report Bullying. // India -- West;1/17/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 9, pA22
The article discusses a report released by California chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations on December 19, 2013 regarding bias-based bullying of American Muslim students in that state's schools, along with information on discrimination against women as they wore Islamic headscarf.
- N.J. District Settles Case Of Race-Based Bullying. // Education Week;9/17/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p5
The article reports that the Gloucester County school district in New Jersey has agreed to pay a black student $75,000 to settle allegations that the district failed to take appropriate action to end race-based bullying while she attended Main Road School in Franklin Township.
- Recent School Violence Incidents Rekindle Concerns For Children's Safety. Wentworth, Jeff // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/15/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p21
The article reports that recent school violence incidents rekindle concerns for children's safety. The incidents that occurred in Missouri and Pennsylvania once again heightened the awareness of Texans concerning school violence. In 1995, the Texas Legislature addressed the problem when they...