Market Shows Mixed Reaction to Trinity Health Merger Deal
- Sister Vandenberg out at big merged system. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;01/10/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p16
Reports that Sister Patricia Vandenberg, president of Holy Cross Health System company, was not chosen to be chief executive officer on the merger of the firm with Mercy Health Services. Professional background of Vandenberg; Details on the merger of both healthcare system; Other employment...
- Mercy Health to merge. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;06/28/99, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p1
Reports that Mercy Health Services Inc. has agreed to consolidate with Holy Cross Health System Corp. to create the third-largest Catholic hospital system and sixth largest overall in the United States. Terms of the merger agreement; Financial performance of both companies; Names of some of the...
- Execs say merger promotes healthy change for hospitals. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/05/99, Issue 322481, p1
Reports on the merger between Indiana-based Holy Cross Health System Corp. and Mercy Health Services of Michigan. Expected number of employees; Advantages of the merger; Tentative schedule of the merger; Number of hospitals, clinics and home health offices the merged company will operate.
- Ratings stable in light of Midwest health systems' merger. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/30/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30673, p4
Reports on the merger of Mercy Health Services Inc. and Holy Cross Health System Corp. Bond sales for the two companies; Ratings of the bonds.
- Merger will create No. 3 Catholic system. // AHA News;07/05/99, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the plan of Holy Cross Health System Corp. and Mercy Health Services to consolidate their systems. Areas that will be decided by the systems; Number of hospitals that the combined entity will operate.
- Merged Mercy HQ will be in metro area. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;11/29/99, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on the selection of Southeast Detroit, Michigan as the headquarters site for the hospital merger of Mercy Health Services Inc. and Holy Cross Health Systems. Transfer of the employees from Mercy Health; Goal of the companies to create one of the nation's largest hospital system;...
- Mercy, Holy Cross form latest Catholic union. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;07/05/99, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p16
Provides information on the merger of hospitals Mercy Health Services and Holy Cross Health System Corp. Implication of the merger; Other pending Catholic hospital mergers in the United States; Goal of the consolidation.
- Mercy Health, merging with holy cross, decides to forgo deal. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p32
Reports that Mercy Health Services decided against entering into an interest rate swap when it issued bonds in November 1999 because it hopes to retain its refunding flexibility as it merges with Holy Cross Health System. United States Internal Revenue Service regulations about simultaneous...
- Mercy deal ranks as nation's largest hospital merger. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;01/31/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p31
Focuses on Farmington Hills, Michigan-based Mercy Health Services Inc.'s merger with United States-based Holy Cross Health System Corp. Distinction of being the largest merger of hospital companies in 1999; Combined assets of the new company called Trinity Health; Appointment of Judith Pelham...