Florida School Board to Sell $40M Deal Using Online Trading Platform
- New Haven to Sell GOs Online in Competitive Deal Worth $84M. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p5
Reports that the City of New Haven, Connecticut will sell general obligation bonds on MuniAuction Inc.'s online system. Features of the bonds; Use of the bonds to pay school debt and fund capital projects; Total amount of the bonds; Ratings for the bonds.
- MuniAuction selling GICs for Pittsburgh. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30658, p4
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s first electronic auction of guaranteed investment contracts. Purpose of the bond proceeds.
- MuniAuction pioneers Internet GIC bid; bidders nonplussed. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p33
Reports on MuniAuction's $17 million investment agreement for the Public Auditorium Authority of Pittsburgh & Allegheny County. Bidding on guaranteed investment contracts; Concerns with the open auction process in the United States.
- MuniAuction Closes Its N.Y. Office. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p1
Reports on the closure of the New York office of MuniAuction Inc. Withdrawal of the company from secondary market trading; Bonds traded by the company.
- MuniAuction doubles head count. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p30
Reports on Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based bond bidding company MuniAuction's plan to expand its staff to 150 by the end of 1999. Number of bond auctions that the company plans to finance; Background on some of MuniAuction's new hires in November 1999.
- Swamped in the secondary. Hoffman, David; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30789, p1
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s first secondary market municipal bond sale in the United States. Demand from institutional investors and broker-dealers; Computer problems during the bond sale.
- MuniAuction hires 4, moves to larger office. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30532, p2
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s recruitment of three programmers and a marketing specialist. Recruitment of David Hasenkopf to head MuniAuction's marketing initiative; Value of municipal bonds sold through MuniAuction's Internet bidding system.
- MuniAuction Gets Broad Patent For Online Bidding Methodology. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p7
Reports on the patent obtained by MuniAuction Inc. on its methodology of electronic bond auctions. Effort to receive licensing fees from other start up firms; Application of the patent to sale of new bonds and notes.
- MuniAuction Hosts 1st Internet Swap Bid. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p7
Reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based MuniAuction has hosted its first auction of an interest-rate swap on February 1, 2001. Notional amount of the floating-to-fixed rate swap auction; Winner of the auction.